• Other

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
I like the Klean Kanteen uninsulated in plain stainless for plain water and HydroFlask if I need insulation. People at work seem to favor Yeti.

What says PoA?

None. If I carry water with me, it's in a Dasani bottle, refilled until it starts to get nasty. I rarely carry water though, unless I'm going on an extended hike. I don't even carry water with me on my bike anymore.

They did a logoed Yeti flask run at work. It's sitting on my bookcase shelf. My financial advisor sent me two logoed Yeti insulated tumbler cups. They are sitting in the breakroom free to anyone that wants them.

I am fussy about travel mugs. My favorite was an Eddie Bauer that had a screw-on top with no moving parts. Second favorite was an REI with a screw-on top with only one moving part. These days it's the Klean Kanteen that has a screw-on top that can be disassembled for cleaning.

I use a yeti 10oz tumbler for my coffee every day. Keeps it hot a long time. Actually I have an off brand knock-off that I keep in my camper that works just as well except the lids are the right kind of plastic so tehy don't give a plastic taste, but aren't quite as nice as teh yeti brand. I ugraded the lid after Iost it, to one with a sliding magnetic cover. Like it.

For water, zepherhills disposable or similar.

The brand Smart Water comes in bottles that are much more durable if you are into refilling....and some have flip sport tops if that's your thing....and they have threads that are compatible with Sawyer's water filters (for backpacking or survival)

I hatred Smart Water bottles. They fit almost no water bottle holder available in the gym. That is Stupid Water.

Everyone knows Ozark Trail did basically the same as the Yeti tumblers when it came to insulation value, lol. It was basically a direct knock-off at 1/4 the price. No real reason to spend big bucks on that stuff.

I want the least substantial vessel for any of my beverage options. It shouldn't be heavy when empty. It shouldn't have a thick lip. It should just be a red solo cup. Single use plastic is best. I don't haul water around, I just camel it around by drinking a lot before I head out.

None. If I carry water with me, it's in a Dasani bottle, refilled until it starts to get nasty. I rarely carry water though, unless I'm going on an extended hike. I don't even carry water with me on my bike anymore.

They did a logoed Yeti flask run at work. It's sitting on my bookcase shelf. My financial advisor sent me two logoed Yeti insulated tumbler cups. They are sitting in the breakroom free to anyone that wants them.

This has been known to cause cancer in the state of California

Where is the "Drink from the hose" option?

This has been known to cause cancer in the state of California
Like everything else.

I have a Yeti travel tumbler that I prefer for coffee; that sucker will keep my coffee hot for hours. For water, I go with the regular old water bottle, or whatever.

I have a Grayl, its a water bottle with a filter built into the bottom of it. Clean water wherever I go, I started carrying one when I was flying float planes in the bush and really like it. I use it to clean tap water too. Depending on where you are, there can be a noticeable difference in taste.

A 16 oz. Langers Cranberry Juice bottle that I’ve been using for at least two years now. Cap still holds tight, don’t leak. Better than a Gatorade bottle because it’s a little narrower and fits in my pocket easier. And the mouth is a little bigger making it easier to drink from.

I want one. Can you arrange to have it flown to me ?

"Can keep coffee hot for hours" Why? Just drink it. What are we saving it for?

In the car I use a coffee cup - just make sure to drink about 1/3 as I'm heading out the door.

For carrying water when walking the dog (we cover a few to several miles and the wife worries about the dog), whatever it was that was on clearance at Meijer.

I don't LIKE HOT COFFEE.

Let me reword that.

I DON'T LIKE hot coffee. Slightly over warm coffee yes. Burning the mouth hot no. I purposely let it sit for ten to fifteen minutes so I can drink it.

I don't LIKE HOT COFFEE.

Let me reword that.

I DON'T LIKE hot coffee. Slightly over warm coffee yes. Burning the mouth hot no. I purposely let it sit for ten to fifteen minutes so I can drink it.
I'm surprised you did not mention Vietnamese ice coffee.

Also, ever had nitro cold brew?

I'm surprised you did not mention Vietnamese ice coffee.

Also, ever had nitro cold brew?

Good point, and yes.

But lately I've been avoiding coffee and rocking the zero calorie Monster drinks.

"Can keep coffee hot for hours" Why? Just drink it. What are we saving it for?

In the car I use a coffee cup - just make sure to drink about 1/3 as I'm heading out the door.

For carrying water when walking the dog (we cover a few to several miles and the wife worries about the dog), whatever it was that was on clearance at Meijer.
Carrying water? Why? Just drink it. What are you saving it for?

When were driving a couple of hours or I'm headed to the hangar to do some maintenance work, I'll make a 16-18 ounce coffee. It's meant to last me a while. Yeah, I'd like it to still be warm when I finish it.

Yeti:

“I got a new Yeti can cooler. This thing is awesome! They guarantee it will keep your beer cold for up to two hours.”

“Two hours? I don’t think Yeti understands how beer drinking works.”

Ozark Trail all the way. the exact same performance of Yeti at a quarter or less of the price. I have tumblers, bottles and jugs from them, If/when they finally make a knock off of the Yeti cooler I will get it. Have a 1 gallon jug from then that keeps water cold .. like ice cold for several days.

My sister in law gave me a Corkcickle tumbler about 7 years ago. I use it everyday to keep my tea or soft drinks ice cold all day. I lost the lid early on, so it generally never leaves the house.

I have several complimentary bottles with screw-on caps/lids I use for travel. The only one with any discernible branding is an h2go bottle, which works well.

Am I the only one who buys a bottle of water with a squirty top and just uses that? Sometimes I do refill them from the fridge, they hold up pretty well. I don't understand buying a purpose built water bottle. I have tried the camel back thing for camping, but it was really a pita compared to the simple bottles. I'm not a bike racer, I'm not walking around in the desert wearing body armor and carrying a rifle, it's overkill for me.

Have a Yeti 10oz tumbler for my single cup coffee maker. Works great, except it doesn't fit into the cup holders on my car.

Am I the only one who buys a bottle of water with a squirty top and just uses that? Sometimes I do refill them from the fridge, they hold up pretty well. I don't understand buying a purpose built water bottle. I have tried the camel back thing for camping, but it was really a pita compared to the simple bottles. I'm not a bike racer, I'm not walking around in the desert wearing body armor and carrying a rifle, it's overkill for me.

No, you are not the only one.

When were driving a couple of hours or I'm headed to the hangar to do some maintenance work, I'll make a 16-18 ounce coffee. It's meant to last me a while. Yeah, I'd like it to still be warm when I finish it.
1599753791447-d.jpg

Back