Watch Them Wing Tips

Glad the pax got out. One less 340 in the fleet.

Looks like he wasnt even close to making that turn.

Spaced it moment , could have been much worse. Happy they are ok

Looks like he wasnt even close to making that turn.
If you're referring to this, perhaps the wingtip swung the plane around? The nosewheel is cocked towards the fuel pump, which could be an indication that the plane was still in motion after the wingtip caught.
Bend-Airport-plane-fire-BFR-6-8.jpg

Here I am again with my insurance questions.
Could this make a pilot broke?

$300K airplane (owned? loaned?)
$500K tanks & system
$??? ARFF with foam
Airport loss of revenue

how much liability & hull do you /should you have? (a rhetorical)

If you're referring to this, perhaps the wingtip swung the plane around? The nosewheel is cocked towards the fuel pump, which could be an indication that the plane was still in motion after the wingtip caught.
Bend-Airport-plane-fire-BFR-6-8.jpg
Did the canopy burn up?? This pic is weird

Evacuated the area for one and a half miles? With the nearest building 50 feet away and the fire never spreading? On the airport grounds?
Quarterbacking from my comfy armchair, that seems excessively more than 'an abundance of caution,' does it not?

They were worried about the fuel farm tank exploding.

Evacuated the area for one and a half miles? With the nearest building 50 feet away and the fire never spreading? On the airport grounds?
Quarterbacking from my comfy armchair, that seems excessively more than 'an abundance of caution,' does it not?
My read it was the thick black smoke they were concerned about - respiratory injuries.

Back