Wanted; Narco ELT 10

jbDC9

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John B
Anyone have an old Narco ELT 10 lying around collecting dust? Was it working when removed? Wanna get rid of it?

We're a group buying an old aeroplane that's missing the ELT. I know this Narco unit is an outdated boat anchor, but the rack and antenna cable are already in place; a used unit will get the ship home and we can work on getting a new ELT in its place in a few months.

Thanks!
John

I have an old Narco ELT 10. It is working, and was working when removed.
If you are still in need of one, let me know. It is my spare.
As long as the ELT works, you do not need a new one.
Is the old one missing?
Unless you want to upgrade to a newer type, you can still use the old type.
The problem is finding an old one, especially a Narco.
Do you want to be found? or simply comply with FAR 91.207?

We just recently sourced an ELT 10 that will work, so no longer needed, but thanks!

And Tom, read my original post. It's a temporary solution to get the airplane from CA to our hangar in TX where we can do a few upgrades, including a new 406 ELT.

We just recently sourced an ELT 10 that will work, so no longer needed, but thanks!

And Tom, read my original post. It's a temporary solution to get the airplane from CA to our hangar in TX where we can do a few upgrades, including a new 406 ELT.
then, the answer was to comply :)

You can fly 90 days without an ELT, see 91.207.

Yep, although I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to ask the question.
Jumping into the thread in the middle, I assumed you were asking the question of which one.

Back