Virginia aviation museum to close

Very sad. I got to Richmond twice a year for work and stay right near the airport. I keep saying I was going to go to that museum but never have. Was there about a month and a half ago and said to myself, I'm going for sure when we come back in the fall. Well, so much for that.

That sucks. I love aviation museums and have never been to that one. I should head up there before it closes.

Carolinas Aviation Museum should acquire some of their aircraft. Their collection could use some bolstering.

Huh. I've been to and through Richmond dozens of times and I never knew it was there.

It sounds like they are just closing the building and will relocate to another building when they can.

13000 visitors per year probably doesn't even pay the HVAC bill and insurance.
I knew it was there, I just never had a reason to go to Richmond otherwise. Maybe a location where the tourists are could draw more traffic and offer cheaper real estate.

This is the advantage the museums at IAD and CLT have. You can have people on layovers pop in for a look. I know it happens at Udvar-Hazy.

It sounds like they are just closing the building and will relocate to another building when they can.

The article says they've been trying for "several years" to find another building and have failed.

John

Back