Village idiot and the FAAs failure to act

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

So I fly out of KBDU in boulder co, one day when towing gliders I was cut off by the village idiot, skyline 804. When someone called him out on it over the radio he responded with arrogance and rudeness. A few weeks later he cut off another tow plane in tow. Same response however, this time , has reported to the FAA. A group of pilots sent in written statements of what occurred to our local fisdo. They responded back saying that no action will be taken and they will talk to him.

About a month after that an instructor and student were practicing landings. The student pilot made it a full stop and while about 1000ft down the runway (still no where near a taxi way) "Village Idiot 804 " landed behind them. With about 500 ft of separation. The cfi called him out , and just a before he Responded with arrogance and rudeness. He was reported by someone at the glider port but same thing no actions were taken.

Fast track to today. He did the exact same thing , landed behind an ultra lite that was no where near clear the the runway.

He is by far the most unsafe arrogant and malicious pilot I've ever seen, but no matter what he does, the FAA will not act. He is always flying through our glider box cutting planes off in the pattern, and now it seems he has developed a habit of landing on runways that are being used by other airplanes.
What should we do of our endorsement agency will not act???

If you can make a video of this happening it would help. The problem with complaints like this is it becomes "he said/he said". If the pilot of 804 is confronted by an Inspector all he has to say is he doesn't know what these people are talking about. The FAA cannot do an enforcement without evidence.

If this is ongoing, have some people watch when he goes flying and be prepared to video it.

You wouldn't like it if the FAA took action on some complaint against you without evidence. The idea to get 804 on video is a good one.

I under stand what you are saying but it isn't really he said va she said, instead a its like all 8 of these people said vs you said. If I punch someone in the face and their is no mark and their are witnesses most likely I'm going to jail

Getting away from the legalities, how old is Village Idiot 804? Sounds like a curmudgeon who had been at the airport before these "adolescent glider guys with no engine" and doesn't want to play nicely on "his" airport.

I under stand what you are saying but it isn't really he said va she said, instead a its like all 8 of these people said vs you said. If I punch someone in the face and their is no mark and their are witnesses most likely I'm going to jail

Doesn't work that way.

You need evidence (photo, video, etc).

Getting away from the legalities, how old is Village Idiot 804? Sounds like a curmudgeon who had been at the airport before these "adolescent glider guys with no engine" and doesn't want to play nicely on "his" airport.

Hahah he is in his 50s, but think the gliders go back to the 60s. Honestly it's a matter of time until he hurts himself or someOne else....

Why not look up his N#, and write him a letter detailing his transgressions, and have all offended parties sign it, that would get my attention!

I have a feeling that if an inspector happened by and ramp-checked him, there might be other issues.

With enough complaints an inspector may show up and try to watch the airport, but that takes too much time and inspectors are grossly understaffed.

The inspector, with video, may approach the errant pilot for his version of what happened and he may say that he was cut off by the tow plane/glider or ultralight.

With enough complaints an inspector may show up and try to watch the airport, but that takes too much time and inspectors are grossly understaffed.

The inspector, with video, may approach the errant pilot for his version of what happened and he may say that he was cut off by the tow plane/glider or ultralight.

The towing airplane and gliders have the right away, keep sending complaints in with or without video. Eventually the fisdo will respond, if they don't and an accident occurs you will have one hell of a news story. I can see it now: faa warned of dangerous pilot and took no action resulting in loss
Of lives.

Last edited:
The towing airplane and gliders have the right away, keep sending complaints in with or without video. Eventually the fisdo will respond, if they don't and an accident occurs you will have one hell of a news story. I can see it now: faa warned of dangerous pilot and took no action resulting in loss
Of lives.

Denver FSDO has 5 Operations Inspectors for GA. Their district covers 3/4's of Colorado and all of Wyoming. Each one of these Inspectors are assigned Part 135 Operators, 141 schools, DPE oversight, Part 133 operators, Part 137 operators, accident duty, investigating pilot deviations in the district, investigating complaints, issuing LOA's, etc, etc, etc. They also perform desk duty in the office (CFI renewals, name change, etc)

Do you really think they have the resources to do a "stake out" on an airport over a complaint with no proof?

messy-office_zpsqfeimkda.jpg

You got to learn to deal with your own problems, not expect government to fix everything for you.

Go get some of the guys and have a come to Jesus with the guy when he parks or gets fuel, he'll probably be cool and change his act, otherwise make him feel that is would behoove him to avoid your airport.

Expecting a 'crat to do something. The FAA is reactive, not proactive.

You made a complaint. It's on file. When the accident happens then you'll have your 'smoking gun' report. The NTSB will investigate, the FAA will get partial blame, no one will get fired, and the guy who took no action will be promoted to the next higher rung on the ladder to get him out of the firing line.

Really, the height of hubris - thinking that a govt employee will actually do part of their job. Sheesh... They have a lot of PAPERS to grade.

Expecting a 'crat to do something. The FAA is reactive, not proactive.

You made a complaint. It's on file. When the accident happens then you'll have your 'smoking gun' report. The NTSB will investigate, the FAA will get partial blame, no one will get fired, and the guy who took no action will be promoted to the next higher rung on the ladder to get him out of the firing line.

Really, the height of hubris - thinking that a govt employee will actually do part of their job. Sheesh... They have a lot of PAPERS to grade.

photo-2276_zpsjdlyvpdz.gif

So I fly out of KBDU in boulder co, one day when towing gliders I was cut off by the village idiot, skyline 804. When someone called him out on it over the radio he responded with arrogance and rudeness. A few weeks later he cut off another tow plane in tow. Same response however, this time , has reported to the FAA. A group of pilots sent in written statements of what occurred to our local fisdo. They responded back saying that no action will be taken and they will talk to him.

About a month after that an instructor and student were practicing landings. The student pilot made it a full stop and while about 1000ft down the runway (still no where near a taxi way) "Village Idiot 804 " landed behind them. With about 500 ft of separation. The cfi called him out , and just a before he Responded with arrogance and rudeness. He was reported by someone at the glider port but same thing no actions were taken.

Fast track to today. He did the exact same thing , landed behind an ultra lite that was no where near clear the the runway.

He is by far the most unsafe arrogant and malicious pilot I've ever seen, but no matter what he does, the FAA will not act. He is always flying through our glider box cutting planes off in the pattern, and now it seems he has developed a habit of landing on runways that are being used by other airplanes.
What should we do of our endorsement agency will not act???

Why don't y'all get together and give him a good old fashioned ass whooping? You don't need a three letter agency for this. FMD, handle it on your own.

Why don't y'all get together and give him a good old fashioned ass whooping? You don't need a three letter agency for this. FMD, handle it on your own.
Henning got to it before I did...Take him out back of a t-hangar and do your own 'administering'

Blanket party. This is a fine example of where rule of law fails us. Anarchy would eliminate the fear of simplified Justice, and it would also provide a much greater deterrent effect. Rule of Law became obsolete and counterproductive with the introduction of the revolver. All men (and women) are of equal ultimate strength with a pistol. And that is why the Second Ammendment exists, to assure equality in strength.

Blanket party. This is a fine example of where rule of law fails us. Anarchy would eliminate the fear of simplified Justice, and it would also provide a much greater deterrent effect. Rule of Law became obsolete and counterproductive with the introduction of the revolver. All men (and women) are of equal ultimate strength with a pistol. And that is why the Second Ammendment exists, to assure equality in strength.
This has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. I totally support people's right to arm themselves for self-defense and even to organize militias to defend against an organized enemy (internal or external). It's one of the things Vermont got right, imo. This is not a defensive action by any stretch of the definition. It is rule by mob, essentially a form of vigilante justice.

Also, it seems like a huge leap to a conclusion to say the rule of law has failed here. Has the FSDO been presented with photographic evidence, or something other than hearsay? If it has, I missed it.

The rule of law has failed our society altogether, that is why we have more people incarcerated than most other countries combined, and law enforcement is getting stricter and stricter enforcing "zero tolerance" even down to the grade school levels. Rule of law is the tool of totalitarianism.

The rule of law has failed our society altogether, that is why we have more people incarcerated than most other countries combined, and law enforcement is getting stricter and stricter enforcing "zero tolerance" even down to the grade school levels. Rule of law is the tool of totalitarianism.
That's not because of rule of law. It's because people have been brought up to believe that social problems can best be solved by laws and strict enforcement thereof. Some problems can be, others can't. The example under discussion is almost certainly one that can, but we won't know for certain until it's tried.

(That's assuming "come to jesus" has been tried unsuccessfully already. That should come first.)

And once again, henning has derailed a thread with yet another inane diatribe that has nothing to do with the thread topic. Useless noise. :rolleyes2:

I thought pilots are a civilized bunch. Record the video and audio of the offense,and send that to the fisdo ,when they get enough proof ,they generally will act.

Samuel Colt?

Wear hoods.

Or just fly him to the Harrison, AR...Branson, MO area and show him how many people are already wearing hoods and are ready do do the dirty deed for you if he doesn't change his ways.

That should scare him stiff. :wink2:

.gov agencies are typically reactionary not proactive. When there is an incident, I'm sure the sworn statements will help establish a pattern. But don't hold your breath that they are going to do anything without undeniable evidence of your claims.

Is there an airport manager at this field? Run by the city? I think you'd have better traction there myself.

There is another way to do this that might work. Anytime someone sees him in the patter "warn" others that "ding-dong" is in the air or something like that. Seen that happen once - not sure of the outcome, but a Baron operator was getting pretty chastised by a few people I know for being a PITA - and it wasn't this dangerous of a behavior.

brian];1844293 said:
There is another way to do this that might work. Anytime someone sees him in the patter "warn" others that "ding-dong" is in the air or something like that. Seen that happen once - not sure of the outcome, but a Baron operator was getting pretty chastised by a few people I know for being a PITA - and it wasn't this dangerous of a behavior.

I like it! Passive/aggressive. Certainly works for my wife

brian];1844293 said:
It's a heck of a lot better than turning vigilante on the guy. Public shaming on the CTAF... for something like this, I like it. :yes:

Pilots land on the same runway at the same time all the time. Boeing Field tower does it routinely at a controlled airport.

I suspect there is another side to the story, as usual.

Denver FSDO has 5 Operations Inspectors for GA. Their district covers 3/4's of Colorado and all of Wyoming. Each one of these Inspectors are assigned Part 135 Operators, 141 schools, DPE oversight, Part 133 operators, Part 137 operators, accident duty, investigating pilot deviations in the district, investigating complaints, issuing LOA's, etc, etc, etc. They also perform desk duty in the office (CFI renewals, name change, etc)

Do you really think they have the resources to do a "stake out" on an airport over a complaint with no proof?

messy-office_zpsqfeimkda.jpg

Your 2yr old application of DPE appointment is in that desk somewhere and has expired. Please reapply for further consideration and delays.

Follow him around and when he stops for fuel or parks, just put a prop lock on his plane. That will give him something to do for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back