[Video] Just when you thought skydivers were already crazy

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
They go and do this...

From my experience being around skydivers, my impression is that they easily get bored with plain ol' jumping and are always looking for strange new things to "make things more interesting."

years ago another guy set his ablaze much like that; the flare gun idea is a nice twist.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this quest to be cool seems really childish.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this quest to be cool seems really childish.

Some of them do it to make money. YouTube revenue isn't much, but get enough views and subscribers and it'll pay as well as CFI pay. LOL.

There's some websites out there that'll analyze a channel and tell ya how much money it probably makes. Most of them are way off, but many pro YouTubers have shared their numbers.

I know of NO aviation YouTubers who've done so, other than @SixPapaCharlie and he's confirmed that it might someday buy him a six pack of Zima.

Most likely he jumped a tri system. Then again he might have been a big enough moron to just jump with a standard dual.

Most likely he jumped a tri system. Then again he might have been a big enough moron to just jump with a standard dual.

Looks pretty much like a tri system. The canopy he shot was deployed from the airplane, not from the rig.

Pretty sure Troy Hartman did this like 15 years ago, also, with a third chute deployed directly from the plane.

Some of them do it to make money. YouTube revenue isn't much, but get enough views and subscribers and it'll pay as well as CFI pay. LOL.

There's some websites out there that'll analyze a channel and tell ya how much money it probably makes. Most of them are way off, but many pro YouTubers have shared their numbers.

I know of NO aviation YouTubers who've done so, other than @SixPapaCharlie and he's confirmed that it might someday buy him a six pack of Zima.

I played with some of the estimator sites just out of curiosity and they're all way over estimating. Some show mine is 5 - 10 x what I actually have gotten.

The people earning real dollars from YouTube are people who are already famous and people who are playing video games and filming it for children. There's a guy who calls himself Stampy Cat and another one named Dan TDM they film themselves playing Minecraft and are both apparently multi-millionaires just from doing that. My kids watch the DanTDM guy a lot and he's actually doing world tours now which I find odd but good for him

Saw this on Outrageous Acts Of Science on tv. All planned. Stupid thing I never would have done when I was skydiving. Sounds weird but I did not take risks when I was skydiving. LOL

Back in the Stone Age we were using the military day-night emergency flares that were issued with the Navy-Marine life vests. The day end put out a dense orange smoke, the other a bright red flare. One of our bunch after expending the day smoke end during free fall, became bored while suspended in his harness. He lit the night end and dropped it. It set the field under him on fire causing him to have to pop his Capewell fittings and run after landing.

Back