[Video] B-29 Flight Procedure and Combat Crew Functions

It's interesting to see historical pieces like this. My sister purchased reproduction operation manuals for the P-51 and B-17 for me years ago. Very interesting stuff to go through!

I had a dear old friend that was a B-17, then a B-29 commander. He was training in the B-17, and instead of getting orders to England, he got orders to report for B-29 training. He was on the way to war when the war ended. He then was based at Roswell. I remember him talking about how the "incident" was not so secret. He walked in the hanger and looked at everything like everyone else did. He said he never saw alien bodies, just crashed airplane parts.

While he did not have a current medical, he flew (with another pilot) until a couple months before he died at 88. He didn't take over the controls at altitude, I mean he flew from start up to shut down.

Instrument lighting while running blacked out.

Thanks Craig. Will have to study up on UV light (I thought we couldn't see it - maybe the instruments fluoresce under it?)​

He then was based at Roswell. I remember him talking about how the "incident" was not so secret. He walked in the hanger and looked at everything like everyone else did. He said he never saw alien bodies, just crashed airplane parts.

You know that’s exactly what he would have been ordered to say if he had seen evidence of a downed alien spacecraft. :rolleyes:

The UV light fixture uses a rotating shutter to uncover two sections of the filter that are not coated. These two sections are clear and allow all the generated wavelengths of the light to pass thru. The coated sections block everything but the UV portion of the spectrum.

Back