VFR out of North Las Vegas

Otie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Otie
I am a fairly new pilot looking at an aircraft located at North Las Vegas. Does anyone have suggestions or routes they would share for getting out of the Delta and through the Bravo for a newer pilot? I am headed back to Texas... Thanks!

I am a fairly new pilot looking at an aircraft located at North Las Vegas. Does anyone have suggestions or routes they would share for getting out of the Delta and through the Bravo for a newer pilot? I am headed back to Texas... Thanks!

There’s this.

upload_2021-6-18_13-33-58.png

I've always found Las Vegas approach really easy to work with. You shouldn't have any issues getting out.

Plan to go west, south, then east to avoid the CBA and CDA areas. Call clearance delivery and ask for flight following to your destination. If they can't coordinate a pre-departure squawk, call Las Vegas Approach as soon as you leave tower frequency.

I agree with the plan to stay clear of the Bravo by flying west then south. Request flight following from VGT tower (or approach) and you may be granted a climb through the Bravo shelf. When I departed east from VGT the controllers were easy to work with.

If you tell VGT ground your destination is Texas, they will coordinate with Nellis (who control a bit of the Bravo), give you a squawk, then you contact Nellis after T/O who will (almost always!) clear you through the Bravo using radar vectors till you're outside it all. Route maybe straight or very 'wiggly' depending on LAS traffic.

I almost always get a VFR bravo clearance from Las Vegas departure, usually unprompted too.

Yeah, just seconding this. Bravo clearance is not rare around here.
In fact, as a student flying out of VGT, I once got cleared into Bravo without even asking. It was automatic. (I had to decline, of course, and go all the way around the long way.)

Yeah, every time I flew out of VGT, I got cleared through the Bravo (except once when I chose to fly low and stay under the shelves...not recommended). First time, I contacted clearance delivery, they directed me to ground. From that point on, I just contacted ground, told them my direction of departure, and without fail they asked me if I wanted clearance and vectors through the bravo. All very painless, and all VFR.

Back