VFR Chart Symbol

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
I haven't been flying for several years. Just noticed that the VFR chart accessed through Airnav.com shows a small blue square, similar to the landmark symbol, in the center of nearly every airport symbol. It isn't on any with runway layout depictions that I checked, just the hard surface synbols. I checked the FAA VFR Chart Guide and didn't find any enlightenment. What is it?

That's not really on the chart -- it's an artifact added in by Airnav's online chart supplier, vfrmap.com. Clicking on that blue square in the airport symbol brings up a pop-up screen that contains the weather and A/FD (er, now called "Chart Supplement") entry for that airport.

:yeahthat:

Welcome back to the club.

Wait, a useful answer in the first reply?
We cannot have that here, this is the PoA! (cue in the "Gentlemen, you cannot fight here, this is the War Room" scene) :D

But yes, Jeff is right (as usual).
And welcome back. Now go fly! :)

Welcome back to the club.

And welcome back. Now go fly! :)

Actually, I haven't been away from the POA. I just haven't been flying. I gave up on the DL medical two or three years ago and sold the plane. The present owner (3'rd owner since I had it for over 20 yrs) was prepping for his PPL checkride and I was looking some stuff up to discuss with him. I am looking forward to going up with him now that he has his license.

I wonder how many checkrides this plane has supported. I took mine in it and did my IFR training in it. Couldn't use it for the IFR check ride because it wasn't equipped to fly an ILS. It spent it's first year at an Orlando flight school getting amazingly frequent 100 hr. inspections. It went through 2 more flight schools after that first year before being bought by an individual.

Last edited:
Back