Very Good FAA Publication - Chart User's Guide

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
I can't believe I've never seen the Aeronautical Chart User's Guide before. I picked up a copy last night at a safety seminar on VFR charts. Great publication! I've ordered a dozen of them to make available to students.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/aero_guide

If you don't have one you might want to pick one up. You can also download the guide as a PDF document, but it's a big file.

That is a great pub. I had downloaeded the soft copy a couple of years ago and it makes for a great reading diversion when sitting somewhere without WiFi or other reading material.

BTW one of my favorite things to do is read charts. That is to just keep looking for intersting things on them and figure out all the symbols. I do this with nautical charts as well.

Thanks for the reference Chip. Another great reference to have near by and review.

Best,

Dave

Did you notice that the A/FDs are also now available on-line? I'll still buy them (too much wear and tear on the printer and supplies to print them out), but now I don't need to keep an old one at my desk. :D

Thanks for sharing this link.

I add my thanks for the link. This is actually one of those things that is definitely worth getting hardcopy. They even sell it for less than their cost to promote that. Now, I need to go find my copy! :)

gibbons said:
I can't believe I've never seen the Aeronautical Chart User's Guide before. I picked up a copy last night at a safety seminar on VFR charts. Great publication! I've ordered a dozen of them to make available to students.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/aero_guide

If you don't have one you might want to pick one up. You can also download the guide as a PDF document, but it's a big file.

Thanks for the link Chip, you 'da man!

gprellwitz said:
This is actually one of those things that is definitely worth getting hardcopy.
Great suggestion for those not aware. I bought one earlier this year and barely a month later, a new version came out. But, I cannot find a single difference between them, except for the version number. If anyone has seen it, let me know. Life will not be the same until this matter is solved!

:rollercoaster:

smigaldi said:
That is a great pub. I had downloaeded the soft copy a couple of years ago and it makes for a great reading diversion when sitting somewhere without WiFi or other reading material.

BTW one of my favorite things to do is read charts. That is to just keep looking for intersting things on them and figure out all the symbols. I do this with nautical charts as well.

nerd alert! nerd alert!

heh. I DL that guide a while ago and read it - might be time for a refresher though...

Back