Vertical Card Compass Panel Mount

3Y3Flyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
3Y3Flyer
I am wanting to mount our vertical card compass in the panel, we have one hanging from the center windshield frame on our PA28. Is there a mount or bezel that will still allow access to the correction screws? I am not finding anything on the googlesphere. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Those compasses must be mounted on an extremely flexible mount, and mounting in a panel doesn't work for that. Any vibration reaching the compass makes it go nuts. Been there, done that.

Those compasses must be mounted on an extremely flexible mount, and mounting in a panel doesn't work for that. Any vibration reaching the compass makes it go nuts. Been there, done that.
Well crap! There goes that idea.

I thought I had see a few mounted in panels on some RV builds...that's what peaked my interest.

Not only do they like a flexible Mount, but any compass needs to be as far away from the electrical power and signal lines. On my Cessna it had to be moved to the top of the windshield for minimal correction. At the top of the panel involved too much EMI for good operation. It’s a little harder to see up there but is amazingly accurate.

Beech A-36

Attachments

• FE41C9DE-9C44-44E1-A19A-65D2B7EBC4A7.png
    FE41C9DE-9C44-44E1-A19A-65D2B7EBC4A7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Back