Verizon to double ETF

I just bought a Droid from them and the ETF was still $175. Maybe I just got in under the wire.

See Ebay, one each.

Verizon is much like Delta Airlines Frequent Flyer program.

If you redeem FF points within 21 days of the flight, Delta socks you with a "close in booking fee" that starts at $50 and rises to $150 per ticket within a week of flight time. So what's the rub? They open a handful of "low price" award seats a few months in advance, but the really open the "low price" buckets at 20 days before flight.

I just went through this. I get a bit of a break because of my status, but the practice is reprehensible and exists solely to get people to 1) burn more points if they want to book a few weeks in advance, or 2) burn people for late booking fees if you buy within 3 weeks.

See Ebay, one each.

Verizon is much like Delta Airlines Frequent Flyer program.

If you redeem FF points within 21 days of the flight, Delta socks you with a "close in booking fee" that starts at $50 and rises to $150 per ticket within a week of flight time. So what's the rub? They open a handful of "low price" award seats a few months in advance, but the really open the "low price" buckets at 20 days before flight.

I just went through this. I get a bit of a break because of my status, but the practice is reprehensible and exists solely to get people to 1) burn more points if they want to book a few weeks in advance, or 2) burn people for late booking fees if you buy within 3 weeks.

Sure glad I don't ride Delta or am active in their FF program. When I do ride them the miles go in my Alaska Airlines account.

Back