Verdict Against Barron Thomas

Spiritual belief systems offer a convenient escape clause for moral turpitude. Pretty much all of them provide for a nice hand cleansing ritual of some sort when they do a no-no. As a kid, when I heard about that I was ready to join up just for that outstanding benefit!

the Mormons raised this to a high art form with the baptism of the dead. Truly a ritual with some serious mojo. Wonder if it worked when the Mormons baptized Hitler(posthumously of course)? Suppose he's in the kingdom of heaven with all the Jews?

Rules of having assets:
2) Keep most of your assets, if possible, in retirement plans.

Hmmm...could I issue a mortgage from my retirement account to myself? The mortgage holder (retirement account) would be a secured creditor in the event I triggered a liability issue (unsecured creditor), and if I kept the equity value of the home to an absolute minimum, while holding the debt in my retirement account....hmmmm

I dare anyone to find any fast food outlet that has better employees than Chick-Fil-A! They recruit, hire and train better people. I have yet to have a bad experience with a CFA employee, and I eat there at least once per week.:dunno: I asked a friend who is a CFA operator where they got such good young people, "Church youth groups" he even told me which local church had produced the best kids for his stores. :D
A little different from our local McD's, if you have a pulse and a neck tatoo, you're hired! :mad2:

I respect the heck out of Chik Fil A; they have their standards, express them clearly and acknowledge that, by so doing, some will eschew their products. Beats hell out of razor-edge fence-sitting.

Like 'em, hate 'em, your choice; you don't have to wonder where they stand.

They treat their employees pretty well, and it shows in the service you usually get, friendly and helpful.

People smart enough to realize supplication to an invisible man in the sky is nonsense are similarly smart enough to know that killing their neighbors is a bad thing to do.

Morality comes from people having to live with each other in communities. It predates Abrahamic religions and will outlast them.

Yep. If you consider that the majority of the citizens of the planet are not Judeo-Christian, something must be keeping them from clubbing each other the head besides fear of hellfire.

Everyone reading this thread is an Atheist. There are thousands of religions on Earth. Everyone is a disbeliever in all but one except for a few of us who don't believe in any.

Not believing in religion does not make one an atheist. Religion is an invention of man and is typically blasphemy in itself.

Back