VDP

There is nothing wrong with the chart. When the VGSI and descent angles not coincident that is how the VDP is charted. Search other charts with the same situation.

The VDA and the VGSI have precisely the same descent angle, but there is a 3+ foot difference in the TCH which causes the note to be added.

The VDA and the VGSI have precisely the same descent angle, but there is a 3+ foot difference in the TCH which causes the note to be added.
Hmm. In the real world of flying a VDA, as opposed to charting it, it’s rarely going to be precise. Altimeter instrument error and temperature are going to effect it. Unlike something fixed, like a Glideslope or VGSI which are unaffected by those.

Hmm. In the real world of flying a VDA, as opposed to charting it, it’s rarely going to be precise. Altimeter instrument error and temperature are going to effect it. Unlike something fixed, like a Glideslope or VGSI which are unaffected by those.

That depends on the method used by the equipment to provide vertical guidance. A Baro-VNAV system will have the GP move in space with temperature, but in the case of a GS using an ILS, a VGSI, or +V advisory vertical provided by a WAAS GPS, they are all independent of temperature and don't move in space, so are fixed with similar accuracy and precision.

That depends on the method used by the equipment to provide vertical guidance. A Baro-VNAV system will have the GP move in space with temperature, but in the case of a GS using an ILS, a VGSI, or +V advisory vertical provided by a WAAS GPS, they are all independent of temperature and don't move in space, so are fixed with similar accuracy and precision.
I was talking about VDA’s where no Glideslope/Glidepath is generated to follow by needle.

@RussR . Two plates. I may have to do it in two posts. Is there something in the 8260’s where Jeppesen got the info to display the VDA track in the profile view the way they did? Or did they figure it out on their own?

upload_2022-5-16_8-27-22.png

@RussR . Two plates. I may have to do it in two posts. Is there something in the 8260’s where Jeppesen got the info to display the VDA track in the profile view the way they did? Or did they figure it out on their own?

They calculate it themselves. That "4.5 nm to RW 20" distance is not documented on the 8260-3/5 form.

Back