Vaping on in airliner lav?

Domenick

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Domenick
I am not a smoker nor vapid, though I do enjoy an occasional fine cigar.

Do airliner lavatory smoke detectors respond to vaping vapors?

I was in Sea-Tac yesterday and watched two firemen waiting for an occupant to open a family toilet room door so they could respond to a hazard alarm. It turned out to be a janitor who was vaping. I’d bet the detector would pick it up on a plane, too.

I am not a smoker nor vapid
Good to hear that you’re not vapid… ;)

vapid /văp′ĭd, vā′pĭd/

adjective​

1. Lacking liveliness, animation, or interest; dull.
    "vapid conversation."
  2. Lacking taste, zest, or flavor; flat.
    "vapid beer."
  3. Having lost its life and spirit; dead; spiritless; insipid; flat; dull; unanimated.
    "vapid beer; a vapid speech; a vapid state of the blood"

Yep has happened a few times to me in flight. Pax just gets a admonition not to do it again.

Yes. Happened to me a few years ago while we were boarding. Another flight, some guy was vaping in his seat mid flight. That was fun.

Yep has happened a few times to me in flight. Pax just gets an admonition not to do it again.
That is up to the Capt. I chat with them to see how cooperative they are before deciding their fate.

Need to start tossing people off the plane (or cruise ship or out of the place) when this happens.

No rebooking, no refund.

I am not a smoker nor vapid, though I do enjoy an occasional fine cigar.

Do airliner lavatory smoke detectors respond to vaping vapors?

Then why would you want to waste the moment when sitting in an aluminum tube going 400 plus knots at an altitude of 35K feet with 100 plus others?

Having a fine cigar in an airliner lavatory... seriously?

Back