Valentine's Day

Gerhardt

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gerhardt
I never get my wife anything and she always complains about it. Not that she gets me anything either, but I don't really care.

So this morning she started hinting. Maybe someone here has some ideas. Dinner is out since every place is packed. I always fix dinner so that's nothing special. I'm stumped.

But I also don't want to turn this into an annual tradition either.

get her a bottle of your favorite scotch. what, she doesn't drink scotch?? that's unfortunate....for her.

A few years ago,I flew my wife to dinner. Visit fly2lunch.com give her the range you're willing to go and let her choose. She gets a nice meal out, you get to fly.

If it's not on V Day, thats alright.you can go further on Friday or Saturday night, no need to get back early.

Treat it the same as if it were mother's day. Have the kids give her a card so you don't get dragged in to it.

A wad of chocolate. Cheap. Simple. They all like it.

Meh, chicks dig Uggs

Make it good so 3/14 is good for you.

That's my philosophy. Flowers, candy, and a special night out - doesn't have to be a movie or anything, go for a cheesy activity like mini-golf, or bowling or something.

But I also don't want to turn this into an annual tradition either.

That's the hard part! I guess whatever you pick, you'll have to make good enough for her to like but bad enough for her to not want to do it again. Haha, good luck!

I mysteriously got put on a weekend work flight next weekend...Girlfriend still doesn't know(and never will) that 95% of the time I chose when I fly. I just pick a random day out of the year to celebrate Valentines Day. Bonus is I know I won't have to book reservations for dinner two months out.

Jump in the car and go park in the woods, and do some 'neckin'! :yes: :rofl:

Meh..we don't do anything for V-day. Its just a commercialized hallmark holiday to make money. Want to seem really special to your lady? Do something out of the blue on a random day. That always works for me.

Dont wait for dinner, take her to breakfast. Get it over with early :)

I got married 6 days after Valentine's Day. I get away with a card and maybe some flowers at the most. One less day I don't have to worry about making a fuss over.

I asked mine if she wanted laser treatments for her cha-cha. She barked that was a gift me me, not her and walked away. I offer a new Dyson top of the line model for Xmas and she got ****ed.

Two years ago I got her a Calphalon set of pans. You know, the $600 set. Again, she got mad.

For Xmas, Santa got her like 6 bottles of bath body works locations and she thinks she won the lottery..... I just don't get it.

I just don't get it.

You get it, she just doesn't! :rofl:

understanding-women-1.jpg

:goofy:

Yeah, and rent a really nice airplane because, after all, she deserves the best.

Yea, but buy her that $41k Cessna 152 and tell her it's the very first one! She's an original!

Not her, the plane silly!!!:rofl:

I got married 6 days after Valentine's Day. I get away with a card and maybe some flowers at the most. One less day I don't have to worry about making a fuss over.

You are doing good. My wife's birthday is a few days before Valentines Day. I can't get away with just one card, and she doesn't like flowers as a thoughtful gift... :nonod:

Be glad you don't live in Idaho on Valentine's day...I read about crazy laws still on the books in each state. It seems Idaho has a law that forbids anyone from giving his sweetheart a box of chocolates that weighs over 50-lbs !! Darn... I had a 60-lb box for my wife but I guess I had better not give it to her or the folks in Idaho may come after me.

"Hey honey, the annual PoA thread grousing about Valentines Day is reminding me I should ask what you want..."

"Oh. Haha. We're already going to dinner and a show."

"We are? Oh cool."

"Yeah, it's all booked using that Christmas present from my mom. I'm all good."

"Sweet."

Real conversation on the morning of the Super Bowl while she's making some crazy snack with little smokies and pastry and chili that looks delish.

She takes care of these things around here. It's pretty impressive. I married well.

The secret to understanding women:

(BTW, this gives you immense power, so don't abuse it :no:)

Women want to be heard and known. (No, not just in the Biblical sense, you cretins!:lol:)

Women want to know that you're listening, and that you know who they are, what they like, what they think.

That's it.

You could get her that enormous teddy bear they are advertising on TV. All the girls in the ad seemed to like it :rofl:

BEARweb3_ruby.jpg

Last edited:
Women want to be heard and known. (No, not just in the Biblical sense, you cretins!:lol:)

Women want to know that you're listening, and that you know who they are, what they like, what they think.

That's it.

Last edited:
ha! that was pretty good.

nah, I don't want to spoil her...

Get her an introductory flying lesson or do one of those air combat type flights and let me win !!!

And once you're fine dining experience at WC is complete, you can top off her evening at DQ:

[Yt]iaqDDkbPAqU[/Yt]

Dang mine loves DQ. So you're saying I can score a free plastic spoon, put it in a used leftover lined gift box, and get over? Cool. :cornut:

Take her flying. You can never go wrong with that. :)

https://youtu.be/-kl4hJ4j48s

...and make it romantic like that. Maybe even play this song before your pre-flight. That will melt her heart.

Last edited:
Back