Vacation......

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
.... time is here!!!!!!:D

Plane is in for annual, so it's time to jump in the unbearable metal jet tube and find an island.

Off to a small island in the BVI's, cottage on the beach, hammock out front, beach bar right next door, white sand, beautiful blue waters....what more could a girl want. My goal is to have a "painkiller" for each of you....YEEHAAAHHHH.....:goofy:

Have a great time!!!

Love the BVI's. Spent our honeymoon there and a sailing vacation a couple years ago with the kids.

Which island?:dunno:

Have a terrific time! Don't let the shop call you while you're there!

("Umm... we found a slight issue, can you give a call back, please?" I HATE calls like that)

Ahh, the BVI... Been there two winters in a row now for sailing and Painkillers. Can't beat it.

Have a wonderful time, and a Painkiller (and a Rum Punch and a Carib) for me! :D

Try the painkillers at Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke. After two, I ended up counting barnacles on the bottom of the boat when I tried to step aboard from the dingy. :cheers:

Barb
Well, there were a few beers involved too.

.... time is here!!!!!!:D

Plane is in for annual, so it's time to jump in the unbearable metal jet tube and find an island.

Off to a small island in the BVI's, cottage on the beach, hammock out front, beach bar right next door, white sand, beautiful blue waters....what more could a girl want.
A cute cabana boy? (Just don't tell your SO!)
My goal is to have a "painkiller" for each of you....YEEHAAAHHHH.....:goofy:
Please do!

Ah yes, a Painkiller at the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke! (yeah, at Foxy's too, but my memory's a bit hazy from Foxy's!)

Got a recipe right here in front of me:

4 oz Pusser's Rum (lightweights can use less)
4 oz pinneaple juice
1 oz cream of coconut
1 oz orange juice
Fresh grated nutmeg
On the rocks
Stir

Swallow,
Eat some conch fritters

Repeat :cheerswine:

Forget Disney, BVI is the happiest place on earth!

Jeff

I'm jealous!! I'm stuck here....flying....oh the humanity!! LOL

Actually this all got me to thinking and I need to plot my vacation to Jekyll Island... Yeah, it's not as "exotic" as BVI, but it's only a hop skip and a jump, and there's a GA strip on the island ;)

Wow, sounds like a great way to spend some time during the annual.

god that just reminded me of nicks avatar. and then i nearly died laughing again.

What is so funny is if you have ever been close to Manatees you will find out that like the Hindeburgh they too are filled with an explosive gas.

BTW here is a pick of a manatee attacking me and trying to rip my throat open.

The other picture is of one coming in for the kill and baring his fangs at me!!

They are vicious creatures ;)

I was lucky to escape with my life after being in the water with them

Last edited:
Soooo sad....I'm back........

But the BVI's are now short a few bottles of rum.:D But I didn't quite get a painkiller down for each of you.......guess I'll have to go back and try again.:yes:

We stayed on Jost Van Dyke at the Soggy Dollar (Sandcastle Hotel). Fantastic beach, cottage, bar, island, rum, etc, etc!!!

And yes, the annual is proceeding slooooowly. Looks like I need that seat you reserved for me, Tim, to the Fly Bbq.

But the BVI's are now short a few bottles of rum.:D But I didn't quite get a painkiller down for each of you.......guess I'll have to go back and try again.:yes:

We stayed on Jost Van Dyke at the Soggy Dollar (Sandcastle Hotel). Fantastic beach, cottage, bar, island, rum, etc, etc!!!

And yes, the annual is proceeding slooooowly. Looks like I need that seat you reserved for me, Tim, to the Fly Bbq.

OK - send me a PM - and we'll work it out - we need to pick up Chuck at MTN - are you comfortable driving up to FDK, or shall I come down and get you at JYO?

Chrystal River...Blue Springs? :dunno:

Yep, vicious creatures they are.

Homosassa.

I was on a pontoon boat once going out to King Springs in Crystal River leading a group of divers on a snorkel with the Manatees and then a dive to intro to cavern. On the way out I started briefing them on the dangers of manatees as a joke. I was telling them to make sure when they leaped into the water to have their dive knives in their mouth so as to quickly have them ready to fight off the manatees as they will surround divers and separate out the weak ones for the kill. I was going on and on about Manatee attacks in Florida and we were all laughing. I spoke of how I had single handily killed a manatee with my bare teeth once when it attacked my out in open water and how good it tasted BBq'ed.

What I had not noticed was that we had a family with a couple of small kids and the kids did not realize I was joking. They were terrified. I felt so bad because Manatees are the coolest most gentle wild creature I have ever been around.

The one in the picture going for my throat refused to let me out of the water. He kept laying on my fins and grabbing me with his flippers. He wasted his head and belly scratched for ever. I ended up in the water with him for almost 2 full hours.

Oh man am I jealous... White Bay may be my favorite spot in all the BVI. On my last trip, we had planned on only spending a couple hours there before leaving JVD, but once we got there, we knew we weren't going anywhere for the remainder of the day. Ya just can't beat a Painkiller (or two... or three... or...) at the Soggy Dollar! :D:D:D

Homosassa.

I was on a pontoon boat once going out to King Springs in Crystal River leading a group of divers on a snorkel with the Manatees and then a dive to intro to cavern. On the way out I started briefing them on the dangers of manatees as a joke. I was telling them to make sure when they leaped into the water to have their dive knives in their mouth so as to quickly have them ready to fight off the manatees as they will surround divers and separate out the weak ones for the kill. I was going on and on about Manatee attacks in Florida and we were all laughing. I spoke of how I had single handily killed a manatee with my bare teeth once when it attacked my out in open water and how good it tasted BBq'ed.

What I had not noticed was that we had a family with a couple of small kids and the kids did not realize I was joking. They were terrified.

LOL! Great story! Thanks. :D

I felt so bad because Manatees are the coolest most gentle wild creature I have ever been around.

I totally agree. Very slow and graceful in the water. I see them from time to time in the river behind the building where I work. I've dived with them only twice at Crystal River.

I totally agree. Very slow and graceful in the water. I see them from time to time in the river behind the building where I work. I've dived with them only twice at Crystal River.

I was diving in Blue Springs north of Orlando. I had just come out of the springs after diving the cave and was doing my swimming deco stop around the bowl and then would travel down river to the docks. Normally you are not allowed in the water there if Manatees are up the river near the springs but I think a couple of rouge ones made it past the ranger. Because as I was swimming two of them snuck up behind me and started pushed me into the ground. They were trying to get to my wallet, I am sure of it! For the next 10 or 15 minutes they continued to play with me while I was on scuba. Normally they stay away from scuba because of the noise from the regulator. Their hearing is very sensitive to high pitched sounds. It was a blast. When I existed the water the ranger dudes were not too happy but it was obvious that I had been trying to get away and the Manatees were in 'hot pursuit' so I did not get a ticket.

Kaye, welcome back! The bummer about vacations is that you wait and wait forever, then poof they go by so fast.

Kaye, welcome back! The bummer about vacations is that you wait and wait forever, then poof they go by so fast.

Isn't that the truth? Hard to believe it's been a month since we went to Mazatlan. I can hardly wait for July, but that will go in a flash, too.

And the credit card bills trickle in over a l o n g period of time <g>

Welcome back Kaye! Is this the only report we get <g>. No pics, nothin? I may just hold my breathe until we know more!!

Best,

Dave

Welcome back. Our last big vacation we anchored out at Jost Van Dyke for a night. Great place to kick back and relax...:rofl:

And the credit card bills trickle in over a l o n g period of time <g>

Welcome back Kaye! Is this the only report we get <g>. No pics, nothin? I may just hold my breathe until we know more!!

Best,

Dave

Ah Dave, you know the old saying, "what goes on in JVD, stays in JVD" or something like that.:D But here's a few pretty pics.

Attachments

• Cottage view_0112.JPG
    Cottage view_0112.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • White Bay_0196.JPG
    White Bay_0196.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Great Harbor_0163.JPG
    Great Harbor_0163.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • East end_0179.JPG
    East end_0179.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Highest point_0137.JPG
    Highest point_0137.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Another_0174.JPG
    Another_0174.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Thanks Kaye; I've started breathing again...hufff....pufff <g>

Wonderful pics. I was thinking about Bitter End Yacht Club this year with my nieces, but we're headed back to Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas. I'll just have to enjoy BVT through your pics. Did you fly or float? Do you have a boat? Neat stuff!

Best,

Dave

Ah Dave, you know the old saying, "what goes on in JVD, stays in JVD" or something like that.:D But here's a few pretty pics.
I recognize many of those photos. We anchored out there the first night on the boat. Wonderful memories.

Back