Used Parts

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Got q price on a used part 75% of new price as removed not even a guarantee, are they trying to mark up price to make up for low turnover of inventory. This was from one of the big name aircraft salvage yard's .

Got q price on a used part 75% of new price as removed not even a guarantee, are they trying to mark up price to make up for low turnover of inventory. This was from one of the big name aircraft salvage yard's .

They knew you needed it, and were cheap..

What part is it? Haven't met a salvage yard yet that won't negotiate like Bedouin rug traders.

Those vultures buy wrecks on the cheap and make out like bandits. I saw them in action in Little Rock after a tornado, I bought back my wrecked 182 for $10 more than Dawson offered for it. Engine had 400 TTSN, no damage and the same creep offered $1000 for it. He didn’t care for my reply. Sold it privately for $10,000 but it took a while. The salvage yards can afford to sit on parts for years with their outrageous markups.
The only reasonable one I’ve dealt with is Presley in NC but he only does Mooney. For 25% more I’d buy a new part with certs or watch barnstormers for a private sale. What you looking for?

It’s a free market. If the new part is available for 25% more I may go there. Of course it depends on the part in question.

Air Salvage of Dallas has a great reputation. Lucky, at ASOD, is always helping folks out, good advice and free assistance, separate and apart from selling parts.

I just bought a wheel fairing bracket for my Cherokee from Texas air salvage. New cost is $211+ shipping, used cost was $97 plus 12 bucks shipping. Call them for what you need they may have it. This was my first time using them.

Back