USA to Israel in a Cessna

BenZwebner

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ben Zwebner
You know you're in trouble when you can spot a ski area (#14).

If the survival suit were green, you'd be a life-size Gumby.

Well done and a big wow from me also..........that is an incredible run and some serious skilz.............

Someone will be along to tell you how stupid and unsafe the trip was.

BTW: Well done!:yes:

great video, good choice of music.

question: Is english the ATC default language when traveling outside the US? Or does it vary by country/region?

great video, good choice of music.

question: Is english the ATC default language when traveling outside the US? Or does it vary by country/region?

It is the default but in France, once you leave Paris airspace it seemed that I was the only pilot who they spoke english to. French definitely dominated the airwaves.

It is the default but in France, once you leave Paris airspace it seemed that I was the only pilot who they spoke english to. French definitely dominated the airwaves.

That has largely to do with the French Governments push to keep English out as much as possible. At least that would be my guess. :dunno:

So you flew a single engine piston across the atlantic ocean... ridiculously unsafe. I feel bad for the passenger you put at risk.

Well done, Ben :)

Outstanding! I'm jealous!

Ben, excellent video. That's one hell of an exciting trip. If your able what was the total fuel bill for that trip?

So you flew a single engine piston across the atlantic ocean... ridiculously unsafe. I feel bad for the passenger you put at risk.
Props to him for doing it. I'm scared to death of deep water so no way I'd do it in a single engine piston plane. Got more balls than I do.

Is it bad that I think of safety first?

I don't have a problem with safety.

You may not realize that the way to encourage safe practices does not involve making condescending remarks on POA and numerous YouTube videos. This is especially true when you make no account for the aircraft or pilot capabilities. Just because something is not within your personal minimums does not mean that someone else lacks the experience to make it happen in a safe manner. I submit if you were to remember this, and word your comments in a more respectful manner, you might get farther.

Props to him for doing it. I'm scared to death of deep water so no way I'd do it in a single engine piston plane. Got more balls than I do.
After the first few feet, the depth is irrelevant.

e7aguqab.jpg

Back