US Senate weighs mandatory GA insurance

The LEO's share a huge blame.... Insurance is required to drive a vehicle... When you investigate a accident and the driver has NO insurance.... You need to cuff him /her... Pitch them in the rear seat of your patrol car and take them STRAIGHT to jail...

Pretty soon the word will get out that LEO's will arrest you for driving without insurance and alot more people will conform to the laws....:yes::yes::yes::rolleyes2:...

IMHO...

But on the flip side, they could also just choose to shoot the person in the head, investigate themselves, say they did nothing wrong and move on.

Never had a problem with AOPAs insurance. $1400/yr for a 600 hour pilot in a complex aircraft with 0 in type and $110k hull. Pretty reasonable.

Look at auto insurance. Once its mandatory, it will double or triple in price.

But on the flip side, they could also just choose to shoot the person in the head, investigate themselves, say they did nothing wrong and move on.

That would work too.....:yes:..

One less uninsured motorist to deal with....:rolleyes:.....;)

Ridiculous, I am all about personal responsibility. Hull coverage is on you but, what is being discussed is liability coverage. If I cause harm to you or your "stuff" then it is my responsibility to make you whole. Don't ask me to insure myself against your mistake. Reasonable liability insurance should be required on any machine of conveyance. Car, boat, plane, scooter whatever. It is just taking personal responsibility for YOUR actions.

I can think of quite a few things that could cause damage to you, and if everything required me to buy insurance I wouldn't be able to put food on the table.

More people are killed each year by knives than aircraft, should I carry a insurance policy on each knife in my kitchen?

Quite a few sensitive new age folks on the internet (see the moderation on places like this), what if I hurt the feelings of some thin skinned dude and he offs himself, should I be forced to carry internet insurance.

You should see the damage fire cause, maybe some lighter insurance

God forbid I have a propane tank for camping and it goes boom, better insure that too.

I could go on and on.

Look life ain't fair, stuff happens, don't try to force me to buy crap because you're living a childish fantasy they you are entitled to life being fair.

:yes:
Ohhhhh...boyyyyyyy...here we go again.

index.jpg
:yes:

If the government wanted to end GA, it wouldn't need to resort to a back door gimmick like this to do it.

So, why does the government want to end GA, again? I missed that part.

The government perfers to do things via the back door then they get less bad press.

They abhor freedom and what is more free than flying. Oh and...
It's part of the control strategy of the Illuminati. :yikes: :D

Congress didn't think of this themselves wonder which scummy avinsurance company is pushing this? Maybe AOPA if they didn't start it they already would crying about needing more money to stop it.

The government perfers to do things via the back door then they get less bad press.

They abhor freedom and what is more free than flying. Oh and...
It's part of the control strategy of the Illuminati. :yikes: :D

Ohhhhh...boyyyyyyy...here we go again.

index.jpg

Congress didn't think of this themselves wonder which scummy avinsurance company is pushing this? Maybe AOPA if they didn't start it they already would crying about needing more money to stop it.

I have no doubt this is a fact.

So, has general aviation caused significant unrecoverable losses on the public from historic accidents, or have the insurance lobbyists stuffed the proper suit coat pockets with reelection donations to bring this new legislation?

I'm just happy that the senate thinks they have all the other problems in the country solved so now they can focus on the most important things yet to do. :mad2:

My thoughts exactly....on this and numerous other BS issues that shouldn't be a thought on the senate floor....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just quoted, and then purchased a policy from AOPA for $1400/yr insuring a 95hr pilot in a DA20C1 with 1hr in type and $125k hull... EXTRAORDINARILY reasonable.
How did you determine that this is so reasonable? Did you determine what the risk is that the underwriter will have to pay out? Insurance is theoretically a zero-sum game. So for average risk, assuming you can afford to write the big check if the hammer falls, you'd theoretically be better off without it.

How childish.

If you're scared something is going to happen to YOU, YOU get insurance.
I shouldn't have to get insurance because I MIGHT hurt you.

If someone hits my car without insurance and I don't have insurance, I take the loss, that's life and I'm cool with that. If I decide I don't want that risk I GET insurance.

I do not believe I can be forced to buy a product, I insure based on my risk, I've gone without insurance, and I've over insured, just depends on MY needs.

FYI are so many aircraft falling from the sky and causing SOO much damage thst congress needs to "fix" this? Seems GA has been running along just fine without forcing people to buy stuff for nearly 100 years.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

No doubt.

....but it's for the children....the children!

I guess I look at this differant then some. I worked hard to have what I have. I want to protect what I have. I would never go uninsured. I insure my houses, cars, airplanes and even have a umbrella policy. And yes, I do think of the children when I buy insurance, my children.

Insurance companies pay out claims and still make a profit.

Someone wants a buddy in Congress to increase their profit margins.

That about covers it.

How did you determine that this is so reasonable? Did you determine what the risk is that the underwriter will have to pay out? Insurance is theoretically a zero-sum game. So for average risk, assuming you can afford to write the big check if the hammer falls, you'd theoretically be better off without it.

That is absolutely not true. Where a profit is derived by one of the parties, it is a non-zero-sum game. The insured will always lose. And if you can afford to write the big check, chances are you will find that the court system is also a non-zero-sum game.

Skateboards? Roller skates?

Liability for those (non-motorized) already covered under the homeowners liability. For example, if you fall off your skateboard and it flies through the neighbors window, it will be covered. However, not a great comparison to aircraft liability risk - a skateboard might take out a $500 window, a plane could easily take out a $500,000 house.

While I might have an extra $500 in my pocket for a window, I don't have an extra $500,000 lying around to replace someone's house.

Back