Upgrading from a six-seater...

The 340s and 400-series Cessnas have such a horrible reputation for MX and cost.
I was going to keep my mouth shut until I read this. Total Bravo Sierra. Yes a 414 or 421 costs more to maintain and operate than 172. But that its costs are out of line relative to its utility is simply not true. Get a good prebuy, maintain properly and be prepared to use 30 gph LOP total in cruise at 200kts. With that you can carry everything that goes in your Suburban, and the wife, and the kids. You will do that in pressurized air-conditioned or gas heated comfort. Many are FIKI, and those that officially aren't still have the system to allow you to safely exit unanticipated ice.
Do not let your family take one trip in one. If you do, it will be hard to get them to go back to something less.
Young or more mature the ladies approve.
IMG_1034.jpeg IMG_3100.jpeg

Last edited:
Lance,

You're gonna have to let me borrow yours just so I can see if that is true. :D
Would I lie? :D
I'm glad to give anyone in the Atlanta area the "414 Experience."

I was going to keep my mouth shut until I read this. Total Bravo Sierra. Yes a 414 or 421 costs more to maintain and operate than 172. But that its costs are out of line relative to its utility is simply not true. Get a good prebuy, maintain properly and be prepared to use 30 gph LOP total in cruise at 200kts. With that you can carry everything that goes in your Suburban, and the wife, and the kids. You will do that in pressurized air-conditioned or gas heated comfort. Many are FIKI, and those that officially aren't still have the system to allow you to safely exit unanticipated ice.
Do not let your family take one trip in one. If you do, it will be hard to get them to go back to something less.
Young or more mature the ladies approve.
View attachment 94566 View attachment 94567

The Home Depot bucket is a nice touch when talking about taking everything that goes in the Suburban.

Speaking of which, that's what Dave called his C90: The "Turbine Suburban." :rofl:

Back