Update and thanks

Becky

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Becky
I am tardy in reporting that my husband and I now own an airplane. It is his dream. I have placed a photograph of said airplane in the avatar thingie at left. See how it is sticking its nose into our lives?:D

Before the purchase, I started to "share" with him what I learned about C175's from the C175 threads here. Turns out he read the threads, too. So yes, our Skylark has the engine upgrade, etc. As I promised, I still trust my husband's judgement regarding time, the plane, flying, our finances (startlingly depleted now, and it looks to only get more so!), and our marriage.

There are old wingtips in the garage, in a box. Supplies for cleaning and maintenance disappear from our household stores and can be found later in the hangar. At lunchtime, he will drive 20 minutes from work to the airport, preflight, take a 10-minute flight to a little town whose only real restaurant is a greasy spoon, eat there, fly 10 minutes back, and drive 20 minutes back to work.

But he's happy! And he was happy before ... but this is a different kind of happy. I like it.

Plus, he is taking guys from work with him on the lunchtime jaunt ... one of whom really wants a plane but doesn't buy one because his wife doesn't want him to. Leading innocent people astray is apparently part of this flying deal. :yesnod:

I haven't flown with him in this plane yet, but feel it is probably inevitable.

Many of you responded graciously and thoughtfully to my original thread about how to deal with conflicting attitudes toward flying within a marriage. You were more helpful than you will ever know.

You're a good woman. He's a lucky man. Congratulations to you both, and stay happy!

I'm glad to hear that you've not only bought a plane but that ownership is going well so far. Best is that you appreciate the happiness he has as a pilot and airplane owner. Keep in mind that this will go up and down (usually with maintenance bills).

Maybe one day you'll go flying and actually like it. :)

Make yourself happy and a good woman is happy too. And if you make yourself happy by doing cool stuff your wife gets tons of '***** bragging' material out of the deal. "Oh you don't like how your husband folds the towels when he does laundry? That is nothing my husband never does the laundry and is always taking my nice towels and using them to wash his airplane":lol:

I'm glad it's working out for you. And, yes, leading people astray is part of the fun. :yes:

Congrats on your new plane!

I think that NACA 2412 wing is a good candidate for the Sportsman STOL cuff if you are inclined that way.

These planes land so slow and fly so well, I don't know if I would do it again, but it does slow you down a little more at touchdown, and makes stall break and glide ratio better.

Congratulations to you both!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's a good-looking plane. Enjoy!

Back