Update about AggieMike88

^^^ now *that* is a work plane!

I have feelers in to 2 fractionals

I'm not sure how fractionals would really be that much different from airlines, other than the planes are smaller and your schedule is more regular. You're away from home even more often, and no chance to bid for a schedule that allows you to attend a specific event or something - If there's something happening on your "on" time, it's take vacation or miss it.

@flyingcheesehead .... when is JetOut starting operations in Dallas?

Know anyone who would be interested in buying a chunk of a CJ4 or TBM? All we need is customers. Our second base should be open by the end of the year. I'd love to have a Dallas operation so I have a good excuse to come down there and eat brisket tacos and hang out with all of you guys! Last business trip I took down there was 2017, and I had dinner with several PoAers while I was there. You guys have a great group down there.

Know anyone who would be interested in buying a chunk of a CJ4 or TBM?
Not personally.

However, a foot in the door locally is to talk to US Trinity at KDTO and their GM Damon.

In just a few short years, they have taken the top FBO slot here and much of the jet traffic goes there for service.

Maybe working your marketing and business network magic could generate some positive leads.

And make sure to let me know when your visiting.

And make sure to let me know when your visiting.

Gonna be out your way at the end of December for about a month - time for margaritas at Esparza's!

I'm not sure what "self-actualized" actually means. If it means you took control of your own future, great, but don't we all sort of do that, either passively (i.e., letting others dictate our lives and actions) or actively? I suspect most of us do both. It's hard to have employment if you aren't willing to be responsive to the needs of those who are paying you. The only people I know who do exactly what they want all the time regardless of the people around them are independently wealthy (I know only one such person). On the other hand, we can usually choose how we are employed.

In any case, good for you being willing to make such a decision. Some people let themselves get locked into a decision because they don't want to be seen as quitters, even though there's a difference between quitting (just giving up without trying) and making a conscious decision that where one ended up wasn't the right thing after all. I did something like that and was very much happier for it.

Judy

I'm not sure how fractionals would really be that much different from airlines, other than the planes are smaller and your schedule is more regular. You're away from home even more often, and no chance to bid for a schedule that allows you to attend a specific event or something - If there's something happening on your "on" time, it's take vacation or miss it.

At the Fractional where I work you can shift your schedule up to 5 days. So if you do have a specific event you don't have to take vacation time to attend it,

TL;DR - Michael Farlow resigns from Piedmont Airlines. Returns to be an active CFI in the DFW area.

Greetings Everyone!

First, I wanted to thank everyone who provided encouragement when I accepted a job offer with Piedmont Airlines. That was much appreciated.

However, I want to let everyone know that as of this past Monday, I have chosen to resign my position as First Officer with Piedmont Airlines and leave their training program.

While the training at Piedmont was better than I expected, I have come to realize that being a Part 121 airline pilot isn't the career path for me to be happy and self-actualized.

Folks say you don't know what you had until you don't have it.... and what I had prior to Piedmont was making me happy. I really enjoyed being a flight instructor and a Part 91 contract pilot. So I have made the decision to return to that.

Yes, the short term money won't the same, but the QOL will be more what I need and want at this time.

If any of the pilots in the DFW area are seeking instruction, please feel free to DM.

If any of the schools around KDTO are seeking an experienced instructor (Sherman Gardner, In The Pattern, Gary Reeves, Scott Sykes, US Aviation Academy) please feel free to DM.

I will also be reaching out to various fractional and Part 135 places.

For those wanting to hear the story in person, I'm always up for meeting for a beer and a burger.

For those who are targeting the Part 121's, and would like to get some inside knowledge of how to get hired and succeed in training, please reach out with your interest and I will consider doing a weekend class on the topic.

Again, thanks to all my aviaiton friends for your support. I look forward to reconnecting and flying with you soon.
Welcome back to Texas!!!!

Back