Update 4 19

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
Well, now we know. Consecutive chemos knock me on my scrawny little butt.
I have just survived one of the two worst weeks of my life. After the chemo last Thursday, I felt pretty good until sometime Sunday when I realized that weakness was slowly creeping over me. The trend continued and by Tuesday, walking from my desk to the living room was as far as I could go without resting. Even though the outside temp was in the 80s, and inside was about 72, I was simply cold. fully dressed with a long sleeved thermal shirt, shoes and socks, I was cold. My body was no longer producing enough internal heat for anything like comfort. I was eating through whatever discomfort, but that was still not enough.
At the Oncologist's Tuesday, we quickly rescheduled this weeks chemo to give me at least another week to get my feet back under me as my weight is now down to 138.
Wednesday, we saw the pneumanologist who wants another MRI quickly to see what is going on.
Finally, last evening the trend broke ad I began to feel better again. We saw the radiologist this morning and he concurs with the MRI,
I am now on a medicine called Carafate which costs like sin and Medicare won't pay for. It is intended to help with the esophogel scarring and potential ulcers. It seems to be doing the trick, but it throws any scheduling of food or other medicines into a cocked hat. You can take neither food nor medicine for an hour before nor after the Carafate. You have to plan a schedule corefully and try to stay close to it or you find yourself not able to eat "dinner" until 8:00PM.

Bo, hang in there! Hoping the Chemo is doing 100 times to the cancer what it is doing to you, Kicking its scrawny little butt into oblivion. Keep fighting the fight, kicking butt and taking names. As always sending positive thoughts and prayers you way. Also I'm going to purchase a luminary from my daughter's Amercian Cancer Society Relay for Life team in your name in honor of your fight! Kick Ass BO!

Remember to only eat the yummy stuff you've always avoided to keep from getting fat.

Hang in there, you're in a tough fight.

I believe our local WalMart has Sucralfate (generic for Carafate) for about $70 for 90 1gm tablets. It might be worth checking with your professionals to see if that would save some of that cash.

Scott

My wife asked about you just this morning. You remain in our prayers.

Keep fighting.

Eric

Bo,
I don't know you personally, but your account of your ordeal is very candid. Thank you for sharing your experience.

The strongest weapon that you can bring to ANY fight is the belief that you can win. We are all believing and praying for you and your family. You just stay encouraged and focused on getting better.

Stay strong Bo ! I always enjoyed reading your blog. I don't think anyone has gotten more fun out of a Mouse than you and the Redhead.

You will win this fight !

Adam, Thank you and your daughter for the remembrance.
Steingar, I've never had to worry about getting fat before. With no effort on my part, I had maintained 168+/-3 since the early 70s.
Spike, it didn't take Max long to know you give good tummy rubs.

Adam, Thank you and your daughter for the remembrance.
Steingar, I've never had to worry about getting fat before. With no effort on my part, I had maintained 168+/-3 since the early 70s.
Spike, it didn't take Max long to know you give good tummy rubs.

Max is awesome. Best cat ever!

pu2udety.jpg

Troy,
We cannot express how much we enjoyed the visit. You and Spike are among the "good people", not to detract from how much fun you bring with you.
I am totally wore out, from the fun, but happier than we have been for a while. Thank you so much.

Tes, Max is awesome. And he knows it.

Spike and I enjoyed our visit, and I was thrilled to meet The Redhead, too! Sandra makes a mean pineapple cake.

Spike and I enjoyed our visit, and I was thrilled to meet The Redhead, too! Sandra makes a mean pineapple cake.

+1.2M- you looked great, Bo.

And, who am I to:

(1) deny a kitty the belly-rub he requires, or
(2) say no to cake? It would just be rude!

Winston Churchill said it - "Never give up!" :yes:

Lucky you. I so much as look at a chicklet and I gain weight.

Actually, I'm kind of under the wx myself, stomach bug. I feel your pain, or at least a little bit. hang in there.

Spike,
Glad I looked good enough not to scare y'all.
As a measure of how much I enjoyed the visit, I slept until 9AM this morning. I feel absolutely great this morning. You two are welcome anytime you feel like dropping by. Even Max says so.
Be aware that there are a lot of items on the CD that were never finished or publishe on the website. Just wander through the directories to find them.

Back