Updat 5 3

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
Well, the weight gain seems to be real! Whoopee! I am not feeling any strength gain yet, but know that it will come. Probably not beore this week's chemo knocks me back into the ashcan again.
The gain did surprise the oncologist though, along with the results of the 4/24 CT. Everything he could see on it and the report indicated that the tumor has suffered a real hit and is easing up the pressure on the remainder of my lungs.
The esophageal problems seem to be nearly over and I can now eat most anything, except cold (no shakes, durnit)
How many of you recognize the name "Dinty Moore"? For years (since the 50s), I have really liked their beef stew. It is rich, meaty and flavorful. Turns out they have been around since 1935, and have a product list that includes many old staples. So far, the chicken and dumplings are great! I think the richness of them is partly reaponsible for the weight gain I am having. In any event, they are too tasty to give up. Them and lots of puddings.
I still have one party interested in the Mouse if that goes nowhere, then it is off to trade a plane, etc.
Not looking forward to the hit beginning probably Sunday evening from yesterdays chemo, but I am in better condition to receive it than I have been. Wish me luck.

Glad to hear of progress! I like Dinty Moore beef stew. I've never tried any of the other stuff (and at this point the salt might choke me.)

Keep hanging in!
John

John, go salt free for several days to get ahead, then try the chicken and dumplings. Nothing in there but chicken, broth, and flat dumplings. BIG chunks of smoked chicken that is just simply delicious. Only comes in a 20 oz can, and I ate the whole thing!

It does sound tempting...

I like the sound of the progress you are making. Keep it up.

Haven't had Dinty Moore beef stew in years. Good stuff.

It does sound tempting...

If you go to their website, they have a list of products. Unfortunately, not all are locally available. The Chicken Pot Pie and Beef and Noodles were nothing to write home about, but we still gotta find the Ham and Scalloped Potatoes an the Meatball Stew.

Bo,

Happy to hear of your weight gain and positive results from all the chemo treatments. Looking forward to chatting this weekend when we get back from the beach. Give Sandra a hug for Mary and I.

Positive thoughts your way!!

Great news, Bo. I wish it had happened earlier and know that you do too, but am tickled that you can see some progress. Hope much more comes even quicker.

Bo..

If you're up too some simple crock pot slow cookery, try this really delish pulled pork recipe.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pulled_pork_with_caramelized_onions.html

It makes a nice sized batch for sandwiches, allowing you to have as much or as little as you want. Goes really well with cole slaw as the veggie. And it's one of the receipes that the leftovers taste better after an overnight in the chill box.

Good to hear you're spirits are up and your appetite is returning.

Bo..

If you're up too some simple crock pot slow cookery, try this really delish pulled pork recipe.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/pulled_pork_with_caramelized_onions.html

It makes a nice sized batch for sandwiches, allowing you to have as much or as little as you want. Goes really well with cole slaw as the veggie. And it's one of the receipes that the leftovers taste better after an overnight in the chill box.

Good to hear you're spirits are up and your appetite is returning.
Thanks for the recipe. We both like pulled pork sandwiches and the cheif cook has a couple of favorite recipes she uses. I'll let her look this one over.

BTW, what's up with looking at the Mouse?

Back