Upcoming aviation television program you might wanna watch....

Pretty good program. They even gave a lesson lift generation to!

I want my airplanes to make airplane noises.
Haha. I remember seeing an Avweb video where PaulB did a test flight of an electric airplane and he reported that it wasn't as quiet as you might think. Apparently the prop contributes a lot to the noise and the exhaust not as much as you'd expect.

Electrons are great. Figure out a way to keep them flowing and you've sold me.

When electric/hybrid cars were first coming out, that was actually one of the first complaints about them. Blind people (and no I'm not joking) couldn't hear them coming and know when it was safe to cross the street. I know the new electric F-150 actually states it makes a noise at low speeds so people can hear it.

Don’t need engine noise. It’ll be same as when the power goes out at home. Lights go,dark, fridge goes off, tv goes off.

"The sound is not that different from the piston airplane. If you didn't know it was electric you probably wouldn't be able to tell and that's from the prop noise."

When electric/hybrid cars were first coming out, that was actually one of the first complaints about them. Blind people (and no I'm not joking) couldn't hear them coming and know when it was safe to cross the street. I know the new electric F-150 actually states it makes a noise at low speeds so people can hear it.
That's kind of surprising, not that they're quieter overall, but that they're that much quieter. Tires rolling over most road surfaces seem to make as much or more noise even at fairly low speeds than a well muffled gas engine. When we're out walking the dogs and hear a vehicle coming from behind at residential neighborhood speeds (20-30 mph) we actually hear the noise from the tires on pavement well before we hear engine noise.

Back