Up Date on Rudy

jbelew

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jim B.
First a big thank you for the nice replies to Rudy's "I'm off" posting when he left for AF basic training, he does not have access to them yet, but intends to read them as soon as basic is over and he has access to POA.

To update you, Rudy is about two and a half weeks into his basic training and seems to be standing it real well. He has been able to call his Dad and Mom twice for VERY short periods. His Folks and we Grandparents have been writing often which he seems to enjoy, but he only has a short time on Sundays to respond to his mail. He is getting along well, and as a Proud Grandpa, I have no doubt he will finish very high in his class. He will celebrate his 21st birthday on Tuesday the 26th of June. Doubt that he will ever forget where he was when he turned 21.

His Parents, twin brother, and little brother Judd intend to attend his graduation. After graduation he will go to Biloxi for meteorology school and from there ??? Grandpa and Grandma will have to stay at home to keep tabs on Rudy's family business and we also have our oldest grandson getting married the same weekend.

The PA 28-140 is getting a well deserved rest, but I am sure Rudy will make up for it when he returns.

Our whole family is Very Proud of Rudy's undertaking and feel he will excell in anything that he makes his mind up to do.

Thought His POA friends would like an update.

A proud Grandpa

Jim

Last edited:
You and your family must be very proud.

Thanks for the update. Just yesterday I was wondering where is Rudy.

Thanks for the update. You've got a super grandson there. So, the Air Force is going to make a weather guesser out of him? There are worse things. :D

Jim, thanks for the update. Next time you speak with Rudy please give him our best.

Sincerely and solemnly,

Thank you, Sir. We salute your fine grandson, and I envy that you both have the shared passion of aviation, and that you have the youth and vigor to enjoy it with him.

Thank you for the update, Jim.

He'll be fine, too. He has some common sense about him.....

Well, Biloxi is just a short hop from here. Ask Rudy to PM me his contact info when he gets there. Some nice seafood restaurants in the area (the ones that built back). A man in uniform deserves a good meal now and then!

Hey Jim! Thanks for letting us know about Rudy. Tom and I were just talking about him and we were wondering how things are going for him. Please tell him we're thinking about him, and we're looking forward to seeing him when he gets home. :yes:

We missed you both at Gaston's this year.

Back