Unusual attitudes recovery practice Cessna 182

This practices are lots of fun :) and gives you a good feel for your plane (do it with a qualified instructor though)

You're a brave man subjecting your flying to the scrutiny of POA. ;)

Wow those are some REAL unusual attitudes.

You're a brave man subjecting your flying to the scrutiny of POA. ;)

He'll be begging for mercy/forgiveness by the end of the day I'm sure.

Nice video! How were the first couple of maneuvers initiated?

I am just learning to fly, arent we all? :)

First 2 maneuvers started at about 110mph and cruise power setting.

His attitude towards posting on POA is rather unusual.

It’s quite refreshing. He doesn’t worry about the PoA peanut gallery. And quite frankly is probably a better pilot than most folks on here. I love the videos!

:stirpot:

had few of them done yesterday. especially liked one where CFI asked me to put the aircraft on a bank of 20 degrees, close my eyes and keep flying. asked me to recover, i was at 50 degree bank, nose down about to get into a graveyard spiral. real eye opener (pun intended)

Doesn't that count as acro since your past 30 in pitch and 60 in bank?
You're thinking of the requirement for a parachute. Aerobatic flight is defined as "an intentional maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft's attitude, an abnormal attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not necessary for normal flight."

The best unusual attitudes are when I tried to fly straight and level with my eyes closed, then a 10 degree bank turn to the right followed by a ten degree bank turn to the left, then back to straight and level. I never make it back to straight and level until I open my eyes.

One good queue I picked up from my recent unusual attitude training is to disregard anything ur inner ear is telling you (and everything else ur CFI is doing to mess with ur head like rudder and trim) and focus on hearing. U can easily identify if u are way too nose up and losing airspeed or nose down and picking up airspeed. When u open your eyes verify that with airspeed indicator and push/ pull the throttle as u glance on the AI for the roll and fix that gradually.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just try to fly straight and level as long as you can with your eyes closed.

Hint - if you're plane is well trimmed, you shouldn't touch the yoke.

Back