Untuckit..a blouse for men, change my mind

If everyone is wearing untucked, how am I going to identify the guys who are carrying guns? Seriously, I can walk into a room and see the untucked shirts and almost know for sure those guys are carrying.

If everyone is wearing untucked, how am I going to identify the guys who are carrying guns? Seriously, I can walk into a room and see the untucked shirts and almost know for sure those guys are carrying.
I never tuck. And I never carry. But maybe that explains why I have had a few thugs back off when I stared them down.

So I was watching these adds for this line of shirts by untuckit ( https://www.untuckit.com/ ), basically its dress shirts but the bottom of the shirt is cut and designed to not be tucked in, now its not a polo or a Hawaiian shirt, its a dress shirt, so basically is this a blouse marketed for men?

o.jpg

akira-ivory-studded-button-down-blouse-product-1-6721709-428644305.jpeg
These existed in the 1960s. Usually reserved for kids who wouldn't tuck in their shirts!

I hate tucking shirts in (button-down, or any other kind) so always wear mine untucked unless a work setting demands it. I don't even tuck them in for social events because I don't go to the kinds of social events where tucking a shirt in would be required.

I have a general distaste of "dressing up for others" that I think stems from the first job I had after college, working for an EXTREMELY conservative IT company in the early 90s. We were required to wear suits and ties, and had to keep our jackets on at all times (except when sitting in our own cube), even on the customer's factory floor. I even remember running cable under a raised data center floor with my jacket and tie on. Some of the dumbest people I worked with there were cherry picked for assignments just because they dressed up and played the part. I contrast that with my time spent in Silicon Valley, where some of the smartest, most successful, and fun people I worked with wore jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers to the office.

It was a bit of a culture shock for me moving from California back to Colorado because I took a job at a company run largely by old school lawyers. Even though I was in IT, they worked on a different floor, and we never had customers on our floor, we were still required to wear business casual every day. Not a huge deal, but I still don't see the point of dressing up to impress the person in the next cube. If you work somewhere where customers are coming in the office, then yeah maybe I can understand it. But if it's just internal people, I don't see the point of having a dress code, as long as people aren't going overboard and wearing stuff like tank tops and flip flops.

Agreed. I was gonna become an airline pilot, but I saw what they make you wear, so I quit. We all have lines in the sand :D

Bell bottoms are back. Well they are called wide leg jeans now...
I am old enough (just barely) to have worn bell bottoms back in the 70's. My go to is still Levi's 501 jeans, though (or the 505 with a zipper). I still have to dress up occasionally for work (put on dress pants and tuck in my shirt), but not too often.

I'm so concerned I found the fashion thread on PoA. But I'm listening.

I wear button up shirts untucked quite often and haven’t thought twice about it. Unless I’m going to church or some formal event, I feel like it looks goofy to tuck in your shirt—looks like an old man or something, especially if you cinch your drawers tight with a belt. I’ve also worn briefs and boxers for years and never felt more manly. To each their own, but I don’t see a problem with this.
I wear untucked, button-up, short-sleeve shirts every day to work. If I'm meeting a customer, I might dress up a little, but for the most part, it's jeans and a nice blouse for me!

And I agree, it seems to be an old man thing with the shirt tucked in and the belt pulled tight, just about 2 inches above the waistline!!

2736735_fpx.tif

Guayabera shirts are a thing in the Caribbean. I think I still have a couple.

C’mon, really?
What’s the big deal? A lot of guys wear their shirts untucked... this is just a more clean look to that option. But I’m not paying $90 for the privilege...

You can tell, 'cuz I'm always wearing a vest (and my shirt is tucked in.)

I have always thought that the person in charge should dress for the position. Except for someone in charge of septic sucking services, then they might want to dress for the job.

Bell bottoms are back. Well they are called wide leg jeans now...

No, no, NOOOOOO...!!!!!!
th

Did someone say "bell bottoms"?

Maybe Sears didn't have to go out of business after all:

24.jpg

I own 4 UnTuckits and have even had the tails shortened on several of my other shirts. This is all in my effort to remain untucked whenever possible. I'd say the last times I've tucked was at weddings and funerals.

Don't ask, don't tell....just run.!!

The only time you should be running is when someone yells that the free food is on fire. At that point, you will become a world class sprinter...:rolleyes:

The only time you should be running is when someone yells that the free food is on fire. At that point, you will become a world class sprinter...:rolleyes:

I tell people: if you see me running, follow me. I'm either going somewhere that I will appreciate help, or getting away from something you also don't want to be near.

I wear Eddie Bauer button up shirts designed to be untucked. I certainly wouldn't call it a blouse. Haven't tried the Untuckit brand, but why not give it a go?

I pretty much only tuck in for church, weddings, and funerals.

I only wear blouses at Meatloaf concerts.

Back