Unsure of path to take.

I'm actually inclined to believe the guy. I get no buzz off my first 4 Long Island Ice Teas so it's not out of the question that it doesn't have a detrimental effect on some people. I actually play pool better when I've had more than a couple in me.

And in small towns (if in fact that's where he's from) I'm not surprised what goes on when you've got relatives in high places. Way too many favors happen. And I do have a friend that was able to get his license after a monitoring program. Granted it wasn't for alcohol, but a medical condition. He was never supposed to be able to get a license, but after a few years and no change in his condition, he's been driving legally and without issue for the past, at least 15 years.

There also may not be that much to the "official training course." Where I keep my plane, the "official training course" is at the airport. They put some cones out on the ramp and various taxiways a couple times a year and drive around. And I know in the past non-officers have driven the course. Whether others on the course were drunk or not, that I don't know.

While he shouldn't be flying, I do find it hilarious Ron has flown with him and didn't know the guy was hammered. I can just picture him going through past logbooks "Who was it?!?!?!?"

Same here, I find it hard to believe that all of these people would sign off on him being able to drive while legally intoxicated. That would put tons of liability on them as well as the county and state for issuing the license if there ever was an incident caused.

That may not be the way it happened. They may have just signed off on his being able to drive, period, after having had a number of accidents while he had a learner's permit. They may not have known about the booze aspect of it.

Rich

If allowed to demonstrate my abilities on multiple occasions with varying BAC levels, I am certain that I can demonstrate I would not be a hazard to other persons or property. Even the FAA (through the designated examiner) already deemed me to not be a hazard while under the influence.
Don't think for an instant that the FAA has deemed any such thing. All they have to do is measure your BAC and compare it to the values in 14 CFR 91.17, and that's the end of that.
They could probably make a case that I am a hazard while sober however, as demonstrated on my first commercial check ride.
:sigh: They don't have to make any such case, or otherwise prove anything except that your BAC was above 91.17 limits, and then you are toast. There is no way on God's green earth they're ever going to make an exception to or give any exemption from that regulation. So, back to what I said up front:

• Quit flying.
  • Quit drinking.
  • Keep flying while drunk until you get caught and suffer the FAA's wrath.
And that of three separate designated examiners, and a handful of flight instructors that signed off on my flight reviews. And you certainly had no qualms about my performance when we flew together quite a few years ago. So, it's not just my word, it's also yours. Yes, you were one of the people from the board I have flown with. But, no, you did not sign my logbook, so don't worry about being the instructor that I flew with.
If I'd known you'd been drinking before flying with you, I would not have flown with you. If I'd known you were flying while drinking, there would have been law enforcement waiting for you when you landed, and then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And I don't think there's anything more for me to say regardless of any response you might post.

Last edited:
OK, here is why I think the OP is a troll.
His writing is fairly clean, certainly above average. That shows education, and at least some brains.
With that amount of smarts, he can easily predict the general responses on this board.
At the same time, if he were for real, being this unique would make him very recognizable to the people in his town, including cops, judges, etc., and posting here would make him even more prominent.
Even if we assume that a small town is a close-knit community, "like family", even in a family people talk, and eventually somebody outside the close circle finds out about it, and the fact that he's a pilot, and spills the beans, perhaps to a pilot friend, or maybe law enforcement.
The above scenario would be obvious to a person of minimal intelligence, and the OP is clearly smarter than that threshold. If he were for real, he would never risk his ticket and flying for the thrill of posting on a bulletin board.
So bottom line: troll.

Don't think for an instant that the FAA has deemed any such thing. All they have to do is measure your BAC and compare it to the values in 14 CFR 91.17, and that's the end of that.
:sigh: They don't have to make any such case, or otherwise prove anything except that your BAC was above 91.17 limits, and then you are toast. There is no way on God's green earth they're ever going to make an exception to or give any exemption from that regulation. So, back to what I said up front:

• Quit flying.
  • Quit drinking.
  • Keep flying while drunk until you get caught and suffer the FAA's wrath.
If I'd known you'd been drinking before flying with you, I would not have flown with you. If I'd known you were flying while drinking, there would have been law enforcement waiting for you when you landed, and then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And I don't think there's anything more for me to say regardless of any response you might post.

Not even if I, I mean he, were to ask for pictures of your legs?

OK, here is why I think the OP is a troll.
His writing is fairly clean, certainly above average. That shows education, and at least some brains.
With that amount of smarts, he can easily predict the general responses on this board.
At the same time, if he were for real, being this unique would make him very recognizable to the people in his town, including cops, judges, etc., and posting here would make him even more prominent.
Even if we assume that a small town is a close-knit community, "like family", even in a family people talk, and eventually somebody outside the close circle finds out about it, and the fact that he's a pilot, and spills the beans, perhaps to a pilot friend, or maybe law enforcement.
The above scenario would be obvious to a person of minimal intelligence, and the OP is clearly smarter than that threshold. If he were for real, he would never risk his ticket and flying for the thrill of posting on a bulletin board.
So bottom line: troll.

Probably a troll but in any event needs someone from the mental health field to confer with. Troubled person.

Always seems like PIC gives me someone for a 10-day IR course right then -- good flying weather, and all. And that's not the airport for giving IR training even if I could talk the client into doing the training there.

Forgot about this threat. Was about to click “like” on my post until couldn’t find the button and realized I wrote it. I’m just surprised this thing didn’t go over 100 posts. I think the troll tried a just a little too hard.

Identity of the troll was known before the first post appeared. At least three members of the MC were present (as was I and and a few other members) when the perpetrator came up with the idea.

Identity of the troll was known before the first post appeared. At least three members of the MC were present (as was I and and a few other members) when the perpetrator came up with the idea.
If that’s he case, than I think y’all could have come up with something just a slight bit more trollworthy.

That's what you want us to believe.

I think it's real.

Bro,

whatever you do, don't see any of the listed FAA psychiatrists or psychologists. they are running a massive scam and you're likely to come out the other end a bi polar alcoholic even though there is no such thing. These docs will extort you for so much time and money and it will cause a psychiatric breakdown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back