Univeristy of Illinois Aviation Program recomended to be closed

If that is true, that is just insane...CFII's without actual experience, training more CFII's to instruct without actual experience, etc. etc. Pilot inbreeding...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

There's nothing new about that. We've been line breeding PTS-CFIs for decades.

i think most of the big schools insurance policies preclude flying in real weather. i know that when i was training i talked to some UND students. actual IFR and grass runways were verboten.

That's just wrong...I did my instrument rating part 141, but I came out of it with over 10 hours of actual. On my instrument 250 I got 4 hours of solid actual alone. There is grass around here, but it seems like I'm the only one who likes to play in it.

/shrug

As in they don't allow the students to go up in it? Because there is plenty of bad, even dangerous weather here in Florida. The other day coming up on Cape Canaveral Orlando told me "Ignore all airspace restrictions, cleared into the B as required, heading and altitude at your discretion, just find your best route through there. And that's common for half the year is to have afternoon weather like that.
Yeah there can be some real *fun* WX in Florida. I got, comfortable if that is the word, flying around thunderboomers down there. Lots of fun no vis approaches in fog, I even got some flight time in the very far edges of a hurricane. That was weird, not scary as I was pretty far away, but rain bands were coming on shore and I was just outside of the rain bands.

Back