Unidentified plan circling over sacramento?

Most likely either CHP or Sacramento County Sheriff, both of which fly out of Executive.

Some pilot with nothing better to do or some amateur photography.

Targeted chem trails with a paranoia inducing agent.... Sierra Club creating a lead concentration to sue over....

I would say someone at the corner of Fulton Ave and Hurley Way is probably growing something.

I would go with DEA. Our shop used to work on one of theirs that had a camera capable of reading license plates from 5,000 ft.

If it's got flir I'm betting ,some sort of drug enforcement.

There is a nodule of some sort in the photos towards the rear of the fuselage. In fact this looks just like a plane I saw on the ramp at my home drone two weeks ago. It had a camera on the side (port side) that was in a PTZ housing. They said they were doing oblique photos.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in why does it matter?

I had a plan to take over the world. Could that be it?

I remember awhile ago a plane doing something over another city. Can't remember where though

Google updating their google earth photos...
I say DEA. I doubt they would admit to being the culprit. Wouldn't that give away their clandestine operation? Well, maybe not as much as being caught on camera.

I think it's probably a CHP 210, but it could also be a traffic plane as well. Some lesser known radio stations contract traffic flight services to local commercial operators. A friend of mine does that.

"Nice bike, Sac. Where you going today?"

"Flying to Sacramento today. Damn dude, nice chick by the way!"

"Oh, that's not mine. She's the traffic girl for KGO. We're doing a traffic flight. I do contract work for them."

"Sweet gig dude."

Or... some guy building time. Set A/P, take a nap or read a book while burning 100LL. Don't know that I'd do it over a populated neighborhood though. Looks like a pretty small orbit for just burning hours and gas, that would be deadly dull.

Or... flying off test hours for an STC.

Just random thoughts. I can think of a lot of reasons to see a plane like this circling an area of town, but not the same spot week after week. It's weird. And you'd think if it were DEA or whatever, they would be smart enough to not draw so much attention to themselves.

...SNIP..And you'd think if it were DEA or whatever, they would be smart enough to not draw so much attention to themselves.
Plausible deny-ability. "Nope. Not us." And the dopers will believe it and keep on growing.

It's poor old Charlie... but instead of being 'neath the streets of Boston, he's above the streets of Sacramento.

Or... some guy building time. Set A/P, take a nap or read a book while burning 100LL. Don't know that I'd do it over a populated neighborhood though. Looks like a pretty small orbit for just burning hours and gas, that would be deadly dull.

Or... flying off test hours for an STC.

Just random thoughts. I can think of a lot of reasons to see a plane like this circling an area of town, but not the same spot week after week. It's weird. And you'd think if it were DEA or whatever, they would be smart enough to not draw so much attention to themselves.

The traffic guys are that predictable. If it were a helicopter and not an airplane, nobody would have thought twice about it.

Well there we have it.

You would think such a large organization would be a little more up on the fine art of subtlety. What could be more obvious to a desperado than a small airplane orbiting his neighborhood 24/7. They might as well have been towing a FBI banner, and at least getting a little PR out of it.

-John

You would think such a large organization would be a little more up on the fine art of subtlety. What could be more obvious to a desperado than a small airplane orbiting his neighborhood 24/7. They might as well have been towing a FBI banner, and at least getting a little PR out of it.

-John

Plus, why are they flying around in Cessnas? Can't they afford Jet Rangers?

The traffic guys are that predictable. If it were a helicopter and not an airplane, nobody would have thought twice about it.

More noise, more cost, more conspicuous.

More cost yes. More conspicuous? I doubt it. Nobody would blink at a helicopter doing patterns over a city.

It's poor old Charlie... but instead of being 'neath the streets of Boston, he's above the streets of Sacramento.

Whole generations will not make that connection.

Back