Ultralight virgin.

I sure hope that Optifuel gauge is registering 12.2 pounds an hour and not 12.2 gallons an hour..:dunno:

upon futher review................. it might be litres per hour.:dunno:
All the other engine gauges are metric....so it'd be roughly 3 GPH, probably about right.

Ron Wanttaja

I sure hope that Optifuel gauge is registering 12.2 pounds an hour and not 12.2 gallons an hour..:dunno:

upon futher review................. it might be litres per hour.:dunno:
Affirm - litres per hour.

3 gallons per hour at 60 mph

4 gallons per hour at 80 mph

6 gallons per hour at 95 mph

A whole heap less than the big stuff that flies. :wink2:

Regards
John

What is the range of a C-130?....:dunno:

Not including mid air refuleing...

The USCG 130s have no facilities for mid air refueling. The 130H had a book range of 4500nm, although you could stretch the nominal 10 hour endurance by as much as 3-4 more hours depending on weather by shutting down 2 and 3. This was a common practice on Ice Patrols in the North Atlantic and in extended searches.

Yeah, if we throttled the 130 back we could stay right around 4,000lbs an hour. :D
Ha ha

A good friend of mine flying 747's told me that he used 1100 pounds of fuel to get the holding point at JFK. That is more than my Maximun All Up Weight. :rolleyes2:

My range per tank is more than the butt and bladder can bear - no "pottie" on board. :redface:

Regards
John

I don't know how you guys land those trikes without causing prop strikes. They look like a lot of fun to fly.

I don't know how you guys land those trikes without causing prop strikes. They look like a lot of fun to fly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Flying trikes is easy and by example -

1. To climb, you push the control forward.
2. To decend, you pull the control backward.
3. During taxi, if you apply "right rudder" you will go fast (foot throttle).
4. During taxi, if you apply "left rudder" you will stop (foot brake).

Easy !!

Regards
John

Back