Uh oh, ramp check!

Ok we need to see your medical. Also we are investigating a complaint that you are getting compensated for flying. Cookies and milk are not exempt.

Not to mention the massive amount of "Goodwill" that he tends to accumulate.

Ho Ho Ho boys, you do know that I keep a naughty list, don't you?

So, who's leaving Santa a CPAP instead of milk and cookies this year?

Yes the regs appear to allow that, but the Chief Counsel...

Whoa, cowboy. FAA doesn't have the jurisdiction here. Because the North Pole isn't a land mass, and the nearest populated place is Nunavut, Canada has rightful jurisdiction over the sleigh and its operator.

-Rich

Whoa, cowboy. FAA doesn't have the jurisdiction here. Because the North Pole isn't a land mass, and the nearest populated place is Nunavut, Canada has rightful jurisdiction over the sleigh and its operator.

-Rich

Russia had a sub plant a flag under the ice at the pole...

As far as I know, the North Pole is actually shared between the US (Alaska), Canada, Denmark (Greenland), Norway and Russia, maybe others too.

Oh, and the closest land to the north Pole is actually part of Greenland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffeklubben_Island

-Rich

While Canada has to deal with airworthiness certification (I'm sure it's experimental) and pilot qualification (unless it's an N-numbered sleigh), the FAA does have jurisdiction for operations in USA airspace.

While Canada has to deal with airworthiness certification (I'm sure it's experimental) and pilot qualification (unless it's an N-numbered sleigh), the FAA does have jurisdiction for operations in USA airspace.

An eight engine experimental? OMG!

From Disney's "Prep and Landing"

santa's%20sleigh.JPG

And if the airman visiting his AME explains that he is afraid of Santa, which box does he check on the MedXpress form that he's Claustrophobic?

Back