Uggghhhhh!!!

pookies

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pookies
One down! Two to go! I passed my checkride!

I am now a private pilot!:yes:

There was nothing to the oral. It was more like a really long examiner breifing. We went over alot of stuff that was just normal with flying. All that studying..... Oh well!

The flight was good. I did do horrible on my power on stall but he let me do it over. Everything else was fine.

I had to go around on my first landing, which was a short feild. I did not correct for the crosswind :rolleyes: . I did fine the second one but I didn't feel it was all that great and short. I just kept my mouth shut and took off again. I did a power out landing and I did fine on that. Then I did a soft field landing and did good on that. Then I had to do a no flaps landing and did a foward slip. I was doing good till the end when I let it out too soon and had to do a go around. I did another no flaps landing with out a slip and that landing was awesome! It was a very nice smooth right down the middle softfield crosswind landing! It was actually better than my original soft field landing. Then it was over! I passed!

Sorry about the lame write up. I am no author:no:

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Go take someone for a ride to celebrate.

Joe

The weather is kinda raunchy right now! Very very hot and windy! I will later. Actually, none of my friends or family will fly with me!:( They are all scared of flying!

Hell yeah, Dani! I knew you'd do it, you rock!!!

Come to Lake Havasu some day soon. Lunch is on me.

btw, is that thread title a groan of pleasure??

I always spelled it "Ungh!" ;)

btw, is that thread title a groan of pleasure??

I always spelled it "Ungh!" ;)

Do I want to know why Nick has thought through the proper spelling of his pleasure groan?

Hey, was that you over at Picayune today?

I was leaving False River around 12:30pm and heard Picayune traffic on the Unicom freq. Wanted to get home before the cumuli became nimbo.

Congratulations. Let us know when you make a X-C up this way.

Yaaaaay! :goofy:

plane8zh.gif
plane8zh.gif
plane8zh.gif

Hey, was that you over at Picayune today?

I was leaving False River around 12:30pm and heard Picayune traffic on the Unicom freq. Wanted to get home before the cumuli became nimbo.

Congratulations. Let us know when you make a X-C up this way.

No, that wasn't me. I was at Lakefront. Yeah the storm is in Picayune right now. Curse those summer pop up storms! *shakes fist

The weather is kinda raunchy right now! Very very hot and windy! I will later. Actually, none of my friends or family will fly with me!:( They are all scared of flying!

What kind of idiot doesn't want to fly, and with a hottie no less?:yes:

Congratulations!

Come up to Nebraska & I'll be happy to fly with you!

No, that wasn't me. I was at Lakefront. Yeah the storm is in Picayune right now. Curse those summer pop up storms! *shakes fist
You did not say how you planned the XC part, and what happened with that. Under or through the Class B corridor? Did you get that far? Great you passed. Now for some passenger rides.

You did not say how you planned the XC part, and what happened with that. Under or through the Class B corridor? Did you get that far?

I ended up going through the Class Bravo. It turns out, he just looked at my planning. We did not do any actual part of the XC, because it went through Class Bravo.

We did not do any actual part of the XC, because it went through Class Bravo.

Did you turn on heading and get to a waypoint and divert to something else?

Did you turn on heading and get to a waypoint and divert to something else?

Nope. He just asked me questions about my XC and all about Bravo. He checked everything out on my XC and saw that I knew what I was doing.

Nope. He just asked me questions about my XC and all about Bravo. He checked everything out on my XC and saw that I knew what I was doing.

Well Congrats on passing!!

The examiner really didn't follow the rules if that was the case. But that's his problem--and I'm sure you would have flown the XC fine anyways.

Way to go! Those go arounds just show good judgement. Your examiner was pleased, much more so that if you had tried to salvage the approach.

Welcome, pilot!

CONGRATS DANI, Told you, "You'll do fine" and you did.
Welcome to the world of Flying Freedom Private Pilot.

Dave G:blueplane:

Yay!! Congrats! Someone said the grin will take awhile to disappear. I'm 17 years onward, and mine still hasn't disappeared.

Judy

Was your checkpilot from Houma?

Congrats!

Awesome! Congratulations.

I've been away from the board for a couple months and this was one of the first posts I read upon my return. What great news to come back to! You have totally made my day. You've worked so hard and made so many sacrifices or this day!

I can't believe that your friends won't fly with you. What a bunch of lame-o poopie pants!

Chris

Congratulations!!! Now, when you get some time, please update your POA profile. That word "student" no longer applies!:no:

-Skip

Back