UAL Attendant aparently goes nuts

Wasn’t anybody doing anything about that?

I'm not sure, I was only in that area for a couple of days. Just long enough to know I didn't want to hang out there any longer. Moved on down the road to Fort Peck and Great Falls.

They were set up outside the city limits and, if ND is anything like MO, there are no regulations controlling it in the unincorporated areas of most counties.

When I lived in SE MO there was a preacher out in Bollinger County who was also a slumlord. He had numerous house trailers scattered out in the woods on the acreage behind his house of worship. None had septic systems...just pipes discharging on the surface off of the hill. I talked to the state DNR and they told me that it was perfectly legal...there are no laws. Really? In this day and age? That's freakin' criminal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, they were set up outside the city limits and, if it's anything like Missouri, there are no regulations controlling it in the unincorporated areas of most counties.

When I lived in SE MO there was a preacher out in Bollinger County who was also a slumlord. He had numerous house trailers scattered out in the woods on the acreage behind his house of worship. None had septic systems...just pipes discharging on the surface off of the hill. I talked to the state DNR and they told me that it was perfectly legal...there are no laws. Really? In this day and age? That's freakin' criminal.

I hate to come across as a big government type but in this day and age, all states should have laws for that sort of thing. If not, the fed should.

I hate to come across as a big government type but in this day and age, all states should have laws for that sort of thing. If not, the fed should.
Be very careful what you wish for. By the time that regulatory train got up to speed, latrines at Boy Scout camps and burying your poop while camping would be federal offenses. Same with taking a leak behind a bush at a back country strip.

Be very careful what you wish for. By the time that regulatory train got up to speed, latrines at Boy Scout camps and burying your poop while camping would be federal offenses. Same with taking a leak behind a bush at a back country strip.

Yeah, the old camel's nose under the tent alarmist fearmongering BS.

That's like saying if we'd pass a clean air act that fireplaces, campfires, and backyard grills would all be illegal. I don't believe that happened.

Yeah, the old camel's nose under the tent alarmist fearmongering BS.

That's like saying if we'd pass a clean air act that fireplaces, campfires, and backyard grills would all be illegal. I don't believe that happened.

Well both sides do that lol
One side fear mongers about it becoming one of our 3 felonies a day to pee by a bush
The other is fear mongering about everyone just dumping their poo behind their house.

The nice thing is most people don't dump their poo behind their house because, well, they would have poo behind their house.

99% of people having some type of septic/sewer system hooked to their house for this reason.

The few people in the US who are so poor they'd just have a pipe that dumps waste 50 feet behind their home, same folks are too poor to care about the law in the first place.

I got 99 problems but a poop pipe ain't one.

Last edited:
Back