Typical day at Tan Son Nhut Airport, Saigon 1968

Wow! Thanks for the update. Got in to Ton Son Nhut a couple times my first tour in 1969; a few more when I flew my second tour. Long time ago. Claimed to be the busiest airport in the world at the time of this vid.

Best,

Dave

Wow! Thanks for the update. Got in to Ton Son Nhut a couple times my first tour in 1969; a few more when I flew my second tour. Long time ago. Claimed to be the busiest airport in the world at the time of this vid.

Best,

Dave

Yea, times have changed. Every time I fly over Vietnam now I look down and try to visualize the landscape 40 years ago compared to today.

It was a beautiful country, even during the war. But the landscape in many places was pot marked with bomb craters. I know several folks that have gone back to visit and they've said there is little memory of the war now. Local tailor here recently came saying the government dictated everything they did there.

Best,

Dave

We fly into both Saigon and Hanoi. Hanoi has one of the nicest and most modern airports in the region today.

That must be new. I went through there 6-7 years ago and felt that they missed a key system in that terminal - air conditioning. Yuck!

Flew in and out several times 64-67, from the states. 67-68 flew mostly north of Saigon on c130s was a pretty country.

My uncle flew C-47s out of there in 68-69. Only reason I've heard of this place is beacuse it's written on the back of a photo he gave me. I'll have to show him this video.

Thanks.

Back