Two pilots logging PIC, one airplane, VFR - SOLVED!

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
So I figured it out. Was making my breakfast and thinking about yet another thread about logging time that you are not entitled to log. Then it came to me.

A simple modification will allow two pilots to log PIC in VFR without the use of a pesky hood or Foggles. Simply disable/lock/remove the rudder pedals on one side of an experimental and disable/lock/remove the yoke/stick from the other side. Boom, now two pilots are required to fly the airplane!

So I figured it out. Was making my breakfast and thinking about yet another thread about logging time that you are not entitled to log. Then it came to me.

A simple modification will allow two pilots to log PIC in VFR without the use of a pesky hood or Foggles. Simply disable/lock/remove the rudder pedals on one side of an experimental and disable/lock/remove the yoke/stick from the other side. Boom, now two pilots are required to fly the airplane!
But would you only be able to log half of the time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Please see recent threads about what happens when both pilots think they are the ones in charge.
One needs to catch when a thread is tongue-in-cheek. @alfadog's scenario doesn't work (unless, of course the disabling is by STC and includes a 2-pilot requirement) without having to go to "Danger, Danger, Wil Robinson."

That would be two sole manipulators, I guess they can log time in the same manner as two student pilots flying solo together.

I see a smoking hole in the ground if 2 pilots were manipulating the airplane at the same time.

No joke!:crazy:

I see a smoking hole in the ground if 2 pilots were manipulating the airplane at the same time.

No joke!:crazy:

Just read a story about just that from an NTSB report..... One pushing, one pulling. Both died.

Just read a story about just that from an NTSB report..... One pushing, one pulling. Both died.

My FIL tells a story of him and another IP out flying and they got into a thunderstorm. They were fighting each other via the controls. Finally, my FIL put his hands on the ceiling of the aircraft and said. 'FINE! YOU HAVE THE F****** aircraft!'. They lived.

I love talking to retired military pilots after a couple of adult beverages.

Of course, sometimes you need more than one pilot flying to get it on the ground, such as the landing of UA232 in Sioux City!

Back