Two guys catch a flight

What could possibly go wrong?

The mortality of those wing suiters is frightening (to anyone that isn’t a wing suiter).

F N A, man! Those flyin squirrels are doing what every boy dreams to do! Man, that was awesome!

Intentionally diving the Porter toward that mountain ... not in my bucket list.

Ain't no way.

What could possibly go wrong?

The mortality of those wing suiters is frightening (to anyone that isn’t a wing suiter).
Ah, the nanny state mentality. Risk is bad...

Tim (could not resist)

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Tim (could not resist)

Risk without reward is bad. If the thrill you get is worth it, then go diving for airplanes.

I would love to do a wingsuit and I would also love to do the skiing with the sport chute.

Nuckin futs. That’s crazy without a plane. Then they go off and bail out?

Nope, not gonna do it; wouldn’t be prudent.

One wind gust and you come from together in the prop...

Nope, not gonna do it; wouldn’t be prudent.

One wind gust and you come from together in the prop...

How? The approach the plane from behind, in the prop stream.

Tim

Well, you’re right, probably not wind gust, but perhaps an over or under correction, or misjudgment of distance or closure rates. Note that at the very end one approaches from below and hangs on the strut momentarily. The margin of error just looks very small to the untrained eye.

One of things I don't miss about being a jump pilot is listening to the jump monkeys blather on endlessly about their pointless stunts as though they were somehow curing cancer. 'Dude you don't understand. Me, Flake and Raisin did an inverted double helix 7-way and that's never been done. Its a world record and its never been done. We could've died, but we did it anyway...' :rolleyes:

I love all the negativity. *popcorn*
Some men have more ballz than others. With proper and sufficient training, lots can be accomplished.
Centuries ago, people would consider us crazy for hurtling ourselves down a hard path of asphalt in a metal can at 4x the top speed of horse carriages with constant explosions going on under the hood while surrounded by metal strands carrying electrical currents sufficient to kill a horse and at the same time being surrounded by and trying to avoid colliding with dozens of other crazies doing exactly the same thing .... while nowadays we call it "cruising down the Interstate". *shrug*
(drat, I should have used an airplane instead)

Kudos to those gentlemen for training well and training right and achieving this goal. Could it be considered pointless? Sure. But how many pointless things do I do every day? It's all subjective.

I LOLed at Aspen's comment. :D

Tim (could not resist)

Tim,

I strenuously object to that response. No where in my post did I say anything about “ought to be a law. . .” Or any other nanny state suggestion to prevent such activities. Let ‘em do it all they want. Can almost guarantee there will be some copy-catters that end up like cole slaw, but I say press on wing-suiter, knock yourselves out. Just not for me. And I fly, (even after a forced landing into a field), I’ve raced cars, I’ve crossed the ocean on a tiny boat, and I have had some accuse me of driving entirely too fast (not admitting to anything). No nanny state mentality here, now take it back.

Centuries ago, people would consider us crazy for hurtling ourselves down a hard path of asphalt in a metal can at 4x the top speed of horse carriages with constant explosions going on under the hood while surrounded by metal strands carrying electrical currents sufficient to kill a horse and at the same time being surrounded by and trying to avoid colliding with dozens of other crazies doing exactly the same thing .... while nowadays we call it "cruising down the Interstate". *shrug*

Kudos to those gentlemen for training well and training right and achieving this goal. Could it be considered pointless? Sure. But how many pointless things do I do every day? It's all subjective.
So much logical fallacy in this it isn't even funny. Its not all subjective. The development and adoption of the automobile altered the course of history. Using a wingsuit to maneuver into a Porter that's beating the snot out of its own tail feathers while diving with the prop in beta changes nothing. To compare one to the other is absolutely comical.

Tim,

I strenuously object to that response. No where in my post did I say anything about “ought to be a law. . .” Or any other nanny state suggestion to prevent such activities. Let ‘em do it all they want. Can almost guarantee there will be some copy-catters that end up like cole slaw, but I say press on wing-suiter, knock yourselves out. Just not for me. And I fly, (even after a forced landing into a field), I’ve raced cars, I’ve crossed the ocean on a tiny boat, and I have had some accuse me of driving entirely too fast (not admitting to anything). No nanny state mentality here, now take it back.

Look at my signature. I stated I could not resist, I was tweaking you nose....

Tim

Back