Two dui arrests and a public intoxication charge.

• Thread starter Just want to fly again
  • Start date
There are two paths but you should view rehab as “education”.

abstinence is a start, but abstinence and recovery are two DIFFERENT things and understanding the difference is key.

please stop thinking “expunge this, or expunge that”. The alcohol behavior is clobbering you….,

please stop thinking “expunge this, or expunge that”.
Might as well since the FAA has made it pretty clear what it thinks of expungements. This is from the MedExpress User Guide. Note the last two sentences dealing with reversals on appeal and expunctions. (I am not saying that one or both of those might or might not be successfully challenged while you are facing certificate revocation for giving a false answer.)

"Conviction" means any judgment of guilt based on a jury, court, or military verdict, a plea of guilty, or a plea of nolo contendre/no contest. Examples include, but are not limited to, assault, battery, disorderly conduct, domestic violence, driving under the influence, driving while intoxicated, murder, possession of drugs, public intoxication, reckless driving, etc. If you answer yes, you should report all misdemeanors and felony convictions regardless of the classification of the conviction and regardless of whether the conviction is pending on appeal to another court. List the charge(s) for which you were convicted, the date of the conviction, and the state, federal, military, or foreign court in which you were convicted. If a conviction has been reversed or vacated in a final judgment, state the date of the final judgment and the court that issued the final judgment. If the record of a conviction has been expunged, state the date that the record was expunged and the court that ordered the expunction.​

[/QUOTE]Flying has been my lifelong dream and I am so terribly afraid I’ve lost it. It’s the only thing I have ever actually wanted in life. Is my future in aviation ruined?[/QUOTE]

I’ll be honest, its a long road. I mean very long.
One Dui is rough, but 2 is damn bad.

I didn’t go through drug issues, but had a petty theft/resist arrest. The process for mine took 10 months from deferred to denial and then to issued. Mine was just a waiting game, yours is going to cost money.
It isn’t impossible, but its going to be damn hard and with 2 duis “expunged” or not, it’ll be hard as hell to make a career out of it. With the FAA you dont want to hide anything, 10 years down the road a rocks flipped and they strip you of everything you worked for. Take this on the chin and feel the hurt, I know I did. 10 months, after 7 years of no incidents and I let that misdemeanor eat at me the entire time to teach me what I very well could have permanently lost. I thought I did permanently lose it there for a minute.
You have a chance, very slim chance. You have to nip it and do everything they say and never ever drink and drive again. Not even a bicycle.

Actually the odds of certification are nearly 100 percent. Just expensive and time consuming.

Get two DUIs as a part 121 airline pilot and you’re talking no money and 9 months.

Actually the odds of certification are nearly 100 percent. Just expensive and time consuming.

Get two DUIs as a part 121 airline pilot and you’re talking no money and 9 months.

Damn they’ll still let you come back? (Not the company of course).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back