Two Dead here in Georgia

Another sad story,may they Rest In Peace.

We were flying when this happened. Heard all the news choppers etc going to the scene. Sad. I know a C23 owner from PDK, hope it's not him.

We were flying when this happened. Heard all the news choppers etc going to the scene. Sad. I know a C23 owner from PDK, hope it's not him.

Gentleman's name is Shannon Ewing and the second person was a relative of his. Shannon was a Student Pilot since 2014 and had just gotten a renewed medical. Very sad for a family to lose two people at once.

I consider KWDR my home airport. I rent from there all the time. So sad to hear!

Second person identified as Henry Ewing, a nephew of Shannon. Henry shows as holding a CFI certificate since 12.31.2016. Obviously could be a renewal. Also held an ATP certificate.

R.I.P. to both of them. Hope they can figure out what happened.

We got a new pastor at church back in June (Methodists work that way). When I went to Shannon Ewing's FB page i see my pastor and his wife on his friends list. He went to the last church my pastor worked. Small world kind of stuff. I had to break the bad news to my pastor.

I flew over it yesterday. Everyone was using 31, the location (and the wreckage) suggests a stall on go-around/takeoff.
That was my SWAG as well. Either a departure stall or trying to come back after an engine out. Either way, from the location and the debris field, it does look like it was a stall/spin. Sucks regardless.

Back