TV Turnoff week Apr 23-29

How come I didn't hear about this on the TV news? :dunno: :rofl:

Already turned off permanently as of January.

I turned mine off permanently at the end of October. I don't miss the thing in the least.

TV = brain damaging, depression inducing, suck your life away device

Frankly I don't see what the point of this is. I'm quite capable of determining how best to use my spare time. I don't see a "Take a week off from gambling" movement. An activity I consider to be a total waste of time and far more harmful to society than TV is. But I'm not about to say people shouldn't do it just because I don't happen to like it.

Gambling, at least, gives you some odds of gaining a benefit.

It is all a matter of degree. I threw out my TV but still watch the occasional movie and listen to music, and read. I suppose I and society would be better benefited with my nose to the grindstone 18 hours a day. But you can't argue with me that I am not better off for not watching the blasted TV anymore. And probably most of you would be too :yes: ;)

Very poor odds in my book. Which is why I consider it a waste of time. Don't know who said it: "Lotteries, a tax on the mathematically challenged".
Nawww... "A tax on the stupid." Or... "A tax on those who will never achieve enough to be subject to income tax."

Very poor odds in my book. Which is why I consider it a waste of time. Don't know who said it: "Lotteries, a tax on the mathematically challenged".

Better odds at achieving some gain, than say, television, which was my point.

Back