TV Turnoff week Apr 23-29

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
You probably won't hear about it on TV, of course. CNN is the only network that accepted TV Turnoff 15-second ads. Your kids may hear about it in school.

So, next week, leave it off.

Will I have to turn it on first? I really only watch DVDs on it. Well and Star trek reruns.
Leave the DVDs and reruns off next week, too.

And iPod, XBOX 360, laptop, and PSP.

Frankly I don't see what the point of this is. I'm quite capable of determining how best to use my spare time. I don't see a "Take a week off from gambling" movement. An activity I consider to be a total waste of time and far more harmful to society than TV is. But I'm not about to say people shouldn't do it just because I don't happen to like it.

Sorry, with Heroes coming back on, 24, Lost and a few other shows. Just not gonna do it.

I'll put in a few more minutes at the gym everyday to help the cause.

Frankly I don't see what the point of this is. I'm quite capable of determining how best to use my spare time. I don't see a "Take a week off from gambling" movement. An activity I consider to be a total waste of time and far more harmful to society than TV is. But I'm not about to say people shouldn't do it just because I don't happen to like it.
It is kinda of silly isn't it? This is one of the 'mommy' culture things were certain groups will pretend to know what is best for you.

It is kinda of silly isn't it? This is one of the 'mommy' culture things were certain groups will pretend to know what is best for you.

You mean like....oh...no...that would move this to spin zone.

As long as the southern sweetheart, Emily Proctor, is on CSI: Miami, I will NOT be turning off the TV.

Besides, I record everything on the MCE box and watch it later... in two-thirds the normal time! :)

Is it cheating if my Tivo records all my favorite shows for a week, and I spend all day watching them on the 30th?
-harry

She was soooo funny in 'The West Wing'!!
That's where she first caught my eye! There was another short blonde very similar in looks who on that show and whose name I cannot recall. She was a sweetie as well.
Is it cheating if my Tivo records all my favorite shows for a week, and I spend all day watching them on the 30th?
-harry
I wish I had done this with all the L&O episodes with Angie Harmon! :)

Well, I'm not going to turn it all off either. But not because of any right that need to be defended. I'm just too lazy to get off the couch.

If I had kids, I'd make them turn off the TV.

Me? I use to to fall asleep. Sorry, but I need sleep.

But TV is a poor babysitter. I think that's what this is getting at.

More and more, mine seems to be gravitating to DirecTV's three classical music channels--especially the vox channel, featuring classical voice.

Give me a good mass or magnificat in Latin any time!;)

Jim

I am with John on this one. Whats the point?

and proud too!

http://www.proudnerd.com/

My personal favorite:
15130959_240x240_Front.jpg

So, did anyone keep the TV off all week?

Not me.

She was soooo funny in 'The West Wing'!!
Mmmmmmm, Ainsley Hayes....

That's where she first caught my eye! There was another short blonde very similar in looks who on that show and whose name I cannot recall. She was a sweetie as well.

I wish I had done this with all the L&O episodes with Angie Harmon! :)

Since Janel Moloney isn't short, you must be talking about Kristin Chenoweth. That was a great show. I recorded them all off of Bravo and watched all of them (trying to piece together the timelines) way before watching TV on DVD was cool.

Mmmmmmm, Ainsley Hayes....

Since Janel Moloney isn't short, you must be talking about Kristin Chenoweth.

Man! I finally got that song out of my head and now you went and reminded me.

Kristin Chenoweth played 'Galinda' in the play Wicked. She sings this one song about being Popular and the song is, well, name Popular. It is very catchy and have been going through my head for the better part of a year. I had finally gotten it out of there.

Man! I finally got that song out of my head and now you went and reminded me.

Kristin Chenoweth played 'Galinda' in the play Wicked. She sings this one song about being Popular and the song is, well, name Popular. It is very catchy and have been going through my head for the better part of a year. I had finally gotten it out of there.

I didn't do it, Kenny did! **cough**

Edit: Da**it! Now (after trying to screw with you) I have that song stuck in MY head! Talk about a backfire...

Last edited:
Is the Pope Polish?

No

German
Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, Pope Benedict XVI, was born at Marktl am Inn, Diocese of Passau (Germany) on 16 April 1927 (Holy Saturday) and was baptised on the same day. His father, a policeman, belonged to an old family of farmers from Lower Bavaria of modest economic resources. His mother was the daughter of artisans from Rimsting on the shore of Lake Chiem, and before marrying she worked as a cook in a number of hotels.
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/b..._ben-xvi_bio_20050419_short-biography_en.html

Back