TV show you think went off the air too soon

The CBS Evening News with Dan Rather. I like a good mystery. Actually, I thought "The Invaders" ended far too soon.

Last edited:
Netflix the series, then watch Serenity.

It makes so much more sense when done in the order INTENDED.

Great storyline...

I OWN the DVD set of the series, and the movie, and three(sic*) of the two behind the scenes books. Anybody wanna buy the extra copy? :redface:

(* I had it on my Amazon wish list and bought it twice. I'm old, son.)

I'll start: The Andy Griffith Show

While I am as big of an Andy Griffith addict as anyone else, I have to say that the show changed (not for the better) when it went color and Barney moved to Raleigh. :( If you want to talk about a show ending with no 'closure' to the story lines, though, Andy Griffith has to take the cake! Neither Andy nor Barney ever marries, Aunt Bea is still living with Andy and Opie. Heck, Barney is the only one that 'achieves' anything by taking a job in the big town of Raleigh. :) I think I have issues borne from the Andy Griffith Show. :yes:

As a side note, I think "Ed" ended too soon. And of all the stuff sold on DVD today, they still haven't come out with the Ed series!!

While I am as big of an Andy Griffith addict as anyone else, I have to say that the show changed (not for the better) when it went color and Barney moved to Raleigh. :( If you want to talk about a show ending with no 'closure' to the story lines, though, Andy Griffith has to take the cake! Neither Andy nor Barney ever marries, Aunt Bea is still living with Andy and Opie. Heck, Barney is the only one that 'achieves' anything by taking a job in the big town of Raleigh. :) I think I have issues borne from the Andy Griffith Show. :yes:

As a side note, I think "Ed" ended too soon. And of all the stuff sold on DVD today, they still haven't come out with the Ed series!!

You forgot Mayberry, RFD where Aunt Bea moved in with Ken Berry, whatever character that was, and his son on the farm with Goober hanging out.

I think the Andy Griffith show had a pretty long run. Like the Dick Van Dyke Show and Mary Tyler Moore and M*A*S*H and Seinfeld and Happy Days and .... they ended it at the right time.

Last edited:
WKRP in Cincinnati.

"As god is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly!"

Big guy: "Do I hear,,,,dogs?"
Fever: "I don't know Arthur - I do."

Herman's Head
Dream On (HBO)
Northern Exposure
WKRP (Ferryman, Ferryman, he's the man with the plot, he's the man with the plan!)
Homicide could have gone on longer and been fine with me

Can't disagree with the Andy Griffith shows in color.

By Ed, are you referring to Mister?

Star Trek: Enterprise
&
American Gladiators (the new one)

OK, I'll add my Choice.................................SKYKING.....................i have 64 episodes on the puter but could watch more. Wonder what plane they would be using now?
Dave G.:blueplane:

Ed kinda lost its way. I liked it for the first 2 seasons, then it got tired. Gotta love those fine Corinthian Turkeys though!

2 votes for Homicide. :yes: It never got old.

The show was an absolute hoot. Comcast use to have it "on demand" but has since removed it from the line up. :(

There was a great "Mr. Ed" episode where Clint Eastwood is a guest star. I think he was on "Rawhide" at the time on the same network.

Was this your inspiration, Adam? :D

I had never cared for it when it was on the air. But years later, I sure as heck fell for Danica McKeller when I saw her in other roles. That's an adorable face not seen often enough.

Danica McKellar... Hot mathematician. Mmm.

134960871_c524606be2.jpg

If she was my math teacher I don't think I would have been able to pay enough attention to learn 2+2 :D

Man, I used to think F Troop was the funniest dang thing on TV! What was the name of the Chief of the Hakowi tribe?

From Wiki -

The Hekawi tribe and tribal members

The Hekawi tribe supposedly derived their name from an incident in which the tribe became lost, exclaiming "Where the heck are we?", which then became "We're the Hekawi". They are partners in O'Rourke Enterprises and produce most of the company's products. They are a peace-loving tribe — Agarn has to teach them a war dance. They have a 50/50 deal with O'Rourke and have a still which produces the whiskey for the saloon. The regular "Indian" characters (none of whom were played by Native American actors) include:
  • Chief Wild Eagle (Frank De Kova) — leader of the Hekawi tribe and business partner in the illegal O'Rourke Enterprises scheme. Often O'Rourke, Parmenter, and Jane come to him for advice when they have a problem.
  • Crazy Cat (Don Diamond) — Chief Wild Eagle's assistant and heir apparent. He often acts as chief and is rebuked by Chief Wild Eagle.

Man, Alien Nation and Barney Miller! Oy! I'd forgotten about them -

they both rocked! :)

I loved "F Troop" also. Most of the Indians in 50's and 60's movies and TV were played by Italians like Frank Dekova. Funny stuff!

Anyone remember another western, "Branded" with Chuck Conners? I think it was only on one season.

I loved "F Troop" also. Most of the Indians in 50's and 60's movies and TV were played by Italians like Frank Dekova. Funny stuff!

Anyone remember another western, "Branded" with Chuck Conners? I think it was only on one season.

Branded. Scorned is the one who ran.

I remember that show. Geez, I'm getting old.

Yep - I remember that one. Theme song of the same name, if I recall correctly.

Yep - I remember that one. Theme song of the same name, if I recall correctly.

Thanks Greg. Now I have that theme song in my head and I can't get it out.

:D

As kids we replaced the word "Branded" with "Stranded", and you can probably guess the rest. Damn, I'm getting old too!

Back