Turn Time on 530W

aiu0462

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Steve
Anyone have experience on the time Garmin takes to fix and ship a 530W?
Thanks,
Steve

My shop sent in my 530 for the waas upgrade and it was at garmin less than 48 hours IIRC.

Mine went to Garmin in Dec for the WAAS upgrade and it was 18 days to get it back. That includes the shipping time to/from, which was probably 3 or 4 days total.

No more than 10 days for a repair including the shipping max. Did you get a authorization number from Garmin?

Garmin tells your repair station its 48-72 and then takes a week once they get it. . . .then they try to charge you $300 to overnight it back because they misplace it in the queue twice, until you push back at them - and say you promised me this - here is the email - here is the code number - you're paying for over night. . . .

You wait 6-8 hours and then they ship your unit the next day overnight for the cost of ground.

wow looks like I got pretty lucky with my quick turn around. I guess they weren't too busy at the time.

No more than 10 days for a repair including the shipping max. Did you get a authorization number from Garmin?
Yup, got everything, it arrives this morning at Garmin.
I'll report back on how long it took.

Yeah.. I need to send mine in for the auto squelch not working... Wonder if I can get the box upgraded to WAAS and get that fixed without paying the flat rate repair fee.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah.. I need to send mine in for the auto squelch not working... Wonder if I can get the box upgraded to WAAS and get that fixed without paying the flat rate repair fee.

I recommend you do the WAAS upgrade rather than the flat rate "fix". Sure it's more dollars, but thing will come back fully refurbished and more capable. You'll spend a little on the new antenna and re-install but it's all worthwhile when you're shooting precision GPS approaches and save $1k on your future ADS-B purchase.

I recommend you do the WAAS upgrade rather than the flat rate "fix". Sure it's more dollars, but thing will come back fully refurbished and more capable. You'll spend a little on the new antenna and re-install but it's all worthwhile when you're shooting precision GPS approaches and save $1k on your future ADS-B purchase.

That's what I was thinking... but I was wondering if they tack the repair bill on to the WAAS upgrade.... or if they'll fix it as part of the WAAS upgrade.

Thanks guys, it goes out tomorrow.
Okay, got my 530w back today, 8 May
It arrived Garmin on May 2nd at 9:14am.
Garmin has gone up to $1,000 for flat repair. My total bill, including the shipping was $1175.50.

Does your unit have to be sent out by a repair shop for upgrades or can you send it to garmin your self?

I guess you can send it yourself, however, it comes back with memory completely wiped. My avionics shop took pictures or down loaded all current info to put back on unit when it came back. If you have a lot of flight plans stored, let avionics shop do it. Just my .02's. Pull your terrain and data card before sending.

Back