turbo v clamp

Jackob dayan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jackob
hi all
i'm trying to replace my 4 v clamps piper 653332.
found it for about 320$ each .
can someone recommend of a better price ?
tnx , jackob

Go look at the serious drag racer parts places. Same stainless steel V-band clamps.

Also Bob at Rajay Parts LLC sells PMA approved V-band clamps used for the Rajay aviation turbo system. Those are certified parts for $78.

thanks nordic, sent them an email, will update of there answer .i sent the mail to Robert . is he the person ?
tried some other places that produce such clamps , but reading all the stories here and some other forums about those clamps - i'm not going to put something other than a certified parts. there was a crash of bonanza on 2016 just because of this clamp and it looks like you cannot use a used one as they recommend not to reuse it.

Go look at the serious drag racer parts places. Same stainless steel V-band clamps.

Also Bob at Rajay Parts LLC sells PMA approved V-band clamps used for the Rajay aviation turbo system. Those are certified parts for $78.
Got an answer from rajay ; they do have them for $78 ! . I’m just verifying this is the right Part and place an order.amazing : continental more than $400 , all others about 300+ and rajay $78 !
Thanks Nordic for the tip !

Got an answer from rajay ; they do have them for $78 ! . I’m just verifying this is the right Part and place an order.amazing : continental more than $400 , all others about 300+ and rajay $78 !
Thanks Nordic for the tip !
What is wrong with the old ones?

What is wrong with the old ones?
As described above we have 2 of these clamps in each engine : recently , noticed a bit low MP in LH engine ,
landed - to find that one of the clamps was loose and after inspection found that the clamp is broken.
Replaced it with a used one that my mechanic found.
After deep investigation of the issue realize that these clamps are not soupose to be used as used one and have to be replace every 400 hours.
Too many crash stories because of these clamps are on the net . So decided to replace all the four.
LH engine has 1000 hours , RH engine has 450 hours . So I’m going to replace them all .

Back