TSA screener admits it's security theatre

That's pretty consistent with my experiences. One thing that did strike me was the amount of PTO and vacation earned. Good grief that's a lot (if accurate).

This also reminds me of a story an AF pilot told me. They used to go out and preflighted the planes and got digged that they weren't using the checklist. So they went out and carried the checklist around (not really looking at it) to get around that. People noticed they weren't turning the pages and hence couldn't be using it so eventually they learned where in the walk around they needed to turn the page.

They have those leave hours wrong, it's 4 hours sick every two weeks. And starting at 4 hours vacation every two weeks. After 3 years it goes to 6 hours vacation every two weeks, and then at 15 years it goes to 8 hours every two weeks.

But as far as uneducated clowns, yeah it fits. JFK it's a lot of trash that work form TSA.

That's pretty consistent with my experiences. One thing that did strike me was the amount of PTO and vacation earned. Good grief that's a lot (if accurate).

Just another nail in the debt coffin....:mad2::mad::sad:

They have those leave hours wrong, it's 4 hours sick every two weeks. And starting at 4 hours vacation every two weeks. After 3 years it goes to 6 hours vacation every two weeks, and then at 15 years it goes to 8 hours every two weeks.

But as far as uneducated clowns, yeah it fits. JFK it's a lot of trash that work form TSA.

We're only talking 40,000 employees....or is it up to 60,000 now? I mean, how much could that really cost?!? :dunno: :yikes:

So here's a former screener who, by his own admission, violated security procedure, was utterly lax toward his job, and showed attention to his security duties not because he considered them important but only because he knew that supervisors were watching.

And we're trusting his indictment of the agency? Give me a break.

So here's a former screener who, by his own admission, violated security procedure, was utterly lax toward his job, and showed attention to his security duties not because he considered them important but only because he knew that supervisors were watching.

And we're trusting his indictment of the agency? Give me a break.

I'll take his story over your story that the TSA is the friendliest, nicest, most bestest agency ever created in the history of any government ever.

Still waiting for your proof of all the "terrists" that the TSA has stopped. Extraordinary claims, extraordinary proof and all that.

I'll take his story over your story that the TSA is the friendliest, nicest, most bestest agency ever created in the history of any government ever.

I certainly don't believe that. I take a rational and objective view toward these things. You use hyperbole.

I certainly don't believe that. I take a rational and objective view toward these things. You use hyperbole.

You're the one that claims they've stopped a bunch of terrorists. Still waiting on that proof.

You're the one that claims they've stopped a bunch of terrorists. Still waiting on that proof.

It's not going to come from me.

I know this response is unsatisfying, and I understand that. I can only ask a bit of intellectual humility in the understanding that there may be things of which you are not aware.

I know this response is unsatisfying, and I understand that. I can only ask a bit of intellectual humility in the understanding that there may be things of which you are not aware.

So, TSA is a religion now..or is that a cult?

Back up your claims or admit you are lying.

I am not lying and I'd ask you to lay off the personal attacks.

Have you ever served?

Not a personal attack if its true. Back up your claim.

No, I have not served. Which is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

Back. Up. Your. Claims. Or, admit you are lying. Its quite simple. If I claim I am a millionaire, I will provide proof of such a claim. If I don't you can call me a liar. So, until you provide proof of your claims, I'm going to call you what you are showing yourself to be.

Oh, I'm not a millionaire for the record. Then again, I'm not a liar.

That article has a picture with this text in the top left corner: "Newark Airport, where more than 14,000 TSA employees work, is no stranger to security-screening blunders." Can that be right?! 14,000 TSA employees at a single airport?!?

That article has a picture with this text in the top left corner: "Newark Airport, where more than 14,000 TSA employees work, is no stranger to security-screening blunders." Can that be right?! 14,000 TSA employees at a single airport?!?

It's possible that they've had a total of 14,000 workers since the inception.

No, I have not served. Which is irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

It's not irrelevant, which would be clear to you if you'd ever spent a day of your life in uniform.

Think for a moment about why someone who knew a thing would not be willing to discuss it on an Internet message board. And then ask yourself whether that would comport with the topic at issue. Just take a deep breath and think for a moment before knee-jerk reactionary posting.

Back. Up. Your. Claims. Or, admit you are lying. Its quite simple. If I claim I am a millionaire, I will provide proof of such a claim. If I don't you can call me a liar. So, until you provide proof of your claims, I'm going to call you what you are showing yourself to be.

I don't know you, so I'm not going to call you anything. Apparently you enjoy being a know-it-all behind a computer screen, which is fine; that is your right. It's easy to be a tough guy when you don't have to call another man a liar to his face.

It's not irrelevant, which would be clear to you if you'd ever spent a day of your life in uniform.

Think for a moment about why someone who knew a thing would not be willing to discuss it on an Internet message board. And then ask yourself whether that would comport with the topic at issue. Just take a deep breath and think for a moment before knee-jerk reactionary posting.

I don't know you, so I'm not going to call you anything. Apparently you enjoy being a know-it-all behind a computer screen, which is fine; that is your right. It's easy to be a tough guy when you don't have to call another man a liar to his face.

Considering I've met in person probably close to 100 PoA members, I'm not the one hiding behind the computer screen.

They probably wouldn't mention it on an internet message board because they are full of ****. Retract your claim or admit you are full of ****.

Way to hide behind the "uniform." You are pathetic.

Considering I've met in person probably close to 100 PoA members, I'm not the one hiding behind the computer screen.

They probably wouldn't mention it on an internet message board because they are full of ****. Retract your claim or admit you are full of ****.

Way to hide behind the "uniform." You are pathetic.

I didn't say that you don't have social interactions. I said that you lob insults from behind a computer monitor. That that sort of behavior is easy when it's anonymous, and hard when you have to do it face-to-face with another man.

The claim is true. Again, think for a moment about the rationale I gave before responding.

I'm not going to insult you despite your behavior. We each know ourselves.

I didn't say that you don't have social interactions. I said that you lob insults from behind a computer monitor. That that sort of behavior is easy when it's anonymous, and hard when you have to do it face-to-face with another man.

The claim is true. Again, think for a moment about the rationale I gave before responding.

I'm not going to insult you despite your behavior. We each know ourselves.

Come to a fly in, I will call you a liar to your face. If the claim is true, back it up. If not you are the one hiding behind the computer screen. In my avocations I've dealt with a lot of ex military guys that were Rangers/Seals and they one one thing in common....they never made any claims they couldn't back up. If they couldn't back it up, they never mentioned anything about it. You on the other hand seem to deviate from the norm.
Go ahead and hide behind the "I could tell you but id have to kill you" but it makes you look pathetic, or a poser.

And sorry, but being TSA does not mean you "served."

Come to a fly in, I will call you a liar to your face. If the claim is true, back it up. If not you are the one hiding behind the computer screen. In my avocations I've dealt with a lot of ex military guys that were Rangers/Seals and they one one thing in common....they never made any claims they couldn't back up. If they couldn't back it up, they never mentioned anything about it. You on the other hand seem to deviate from the norm.
Go ahead and hide behind the "I could tell you but id have to kill you" but it makes you look pathetic, or a poser.

Again, easy to say from behind a computer screen. Perhaps we will indeed meet one day and we'll see how you're feeling then.

I'm not sure what your "avocations" are. What I have tried to do, obviously unsuccessfully, is point out that there may be things that are true but of which you are not aware. You apparently will not concede this possibility, so I'm not sure there's any point in further discussion.

I should say that you do not help your cause with your insult and posturing. Perhaps you are a genuine tough guy and a genius (I mean this sincerely, you might well be). But most folks I know who are bona fide do not comport themselves thus.

And sorry, but being TSA does not mean you "served."

I've never been a member of the TSA nor its parent agency, which (I believe) is DHS. I have absolutely zero connection with it.

4 hours sick every two weeks is 8 hours a month. Pretty standard there.

8 hours vacation a month to start, again, pretty standard.

Their vacation accrual rate almost mirrors ours. But we top out at 18 hours a month.

Again, easy to say from behind a computer screen. Perhaps we will indeed meet one day and we'll see how you're feeling then.

I'm not sure what your "avocations" are. What I have tried to do, obviously unsuccessfully, is point out that there may be things that are true but of which you are not aware. You apparently will not concede this possibility, so I'm not sure there's any point in further discussion.

I should say that you do not help your cause with your insult and posturing. Perhaps you are a genuine tough guy and a genius (I mean this sincerely, you might well be). But most folks I know who are bona fide do not comport themselves thus.

I've never been a member of the TSA nor its parent agency, which (I believe) is DHS. I have absolutely zero connection with it.

If it really was going on and you "can't discuss it for reasons of national security" then you would have never mentioned it. The fact you did bring it up and then conveniently cant/won't provide proof speaks volumes about your character - or lack thereof.

If it really was going on and you "can't discuss it for reasons of national security" then you would have never mentioned it. The fact you did bring it up and then conveniently cant/won't provide proof speaks volumes about your character - or lack thereof.

I'm really not sure what else to say to you. I'm not sure if you're trying to get a rise out of me with your insults, or what's going on. But I'm going to leave things there.

If you want to continue this conversation we'll do it face-to-face. Feel free to PM me.

I'm really not sure what else to say to you. I'm not sure if you're trying to get a rise out of me with your insults, or what's going on. But I'm going to leave things there.

If you want to continue this conversation we'll do it face-to-face. Feel free to PM me.

Just admit you were full of crap when you claimed the TSA had stopped hundreds (or whatever the number was) of terrorists. You're like the guy that claims to be a spy. Hey Socrates, spies never admit or claim to be as such. If you're going to bluster, try and at least be plausible.

4 hours sick every two weeks is 8 hours a month. Pretty standard there.

8 hours vacation a month to start, again, pretty standard.

Their vacation accrual rate almost mirrors ours. But we top out at 18 hours a month.

Standard accrual rates for US Civil Service. It was the same when I worked for Uncle Sugar in the late 1970s.

Oh, and if the TSA actually nabbed a terrorist they would have it splashed across every paper and TV station they could reach. "See! We got one!" Hasn't happened. And it's not likely too, either.

Standard accrual rates for US Civil Service. It was the same when I worked for Uncle Sugar in the late 1970s.

Oh, and if the TSA actually nabbed a terrorist they would have it splashed across every paper and TV station they could reach. "See! We got one!" Hasn't happened. And it's not likely too, either.

But I'm sure the TSA has done an analysis/study to show that all the TSA presence and "security"* procedures have deterred terrorists from even trying anything.

I'm sure of it.

:rolleyes2:

*yeah, those procedures provide security. What a load of crap.

Typical for government. I don't now about the Feds, but many state and local governments also pay their employees for unused sick time, personal time and vacation time in addition to overtime. All on your dime. I knew when the TSA was authorized it would just be another scam, government bureaucracy. I am not surprised they are also expanding their scope to train stations, highways, and street corners.

You're on record as saying TSA has stopped terrorists. You were asked to cite examples but provided none. Actually answering direct questions is part of continuing a conversation.

You would think they would...justify their jobs and all that.....

I guess the difference between us dispatchers and the TSA guys, we dispatchers CATCH bad guys. Helped get one two weeks ago that was on the America's Most Wanted website.

I am not lying and I'd ask you to lay off the personal attacks.

Have you ever served?

You do a real disservice to the numerous and very patriotic veterans who frequent this site. Indeed you do a disservice to veterans overall. Serving in uniform doesn't give one special insight into anything beyond serving in uniform. That said, if you actually have served in the military you have my thanks.

I'm with Ed (who I've met and put up in my own attic guest room) on this one. Put up or shut up. Neither the TSA, nor any of the other very numerous security agencies keeps their victories a secret. If the TSA had nabbed a terrorist they'd splash it over every paper they could. They haven't. They haven't caught anyone, just stolen personal property, dignity, and time from tens of thousands of law abiding travelers, and of course pilfered billions from the American public.

But I'm sure the TSA has done an analysis/study to show that all the TSA presence and "security"* procedures have deterred terrorists from even trying anything.

I'm sure of it.

:rolleyes2:

*yeah, those procedures provide security. What a load of crap.
Bingo. Kind of like the jobs "saved", whatever the hell that means.

You're on record as saying TSA has stopped terrorists. You were asked to cite examples but provided none. Actually answering direct questions is part of continuing a conversation.

Logical analysis.

The problem with common sense is, sometimes, it ain't so common! :D

TSA does not catch anybody!!! They stop them, x ray there bags, and maybe pat them down. TSA does not interview, investigate, or serve in any capacity of law enforcement. They do not have arrest authority.

They have from time to time received information from other agencies, JTTF, NTC that there is a person on the no fly list. Or JTTF wants to come out and interview someone.

Even in my job with CBP we have refused passengers on the grounds that they MAY have terrorist ties, but they are not classified that.

Even our big catch, the Times Square bomber was information received from another agency. We just went to the plane and pulled him off.

Back