TSA Failed In Stopping Weapons & Bomb Materials 95% Of The Time

Hearts and minds. Cuz that worked so well in Vietnam. Sorry, but I don't give a wet, dribbly shyte if others don't like me exercising my rights. Just like they shouldn't give a shyte if they exercise their rights, and offend me.

That's why they are called 'rights'. If only non-controversial rights were expressed, we wouldn't need to codify them now would we?

Leave people alone. For LEO this goes double. Leave law-abiding people alone. Go stand around the sheeple that called you, and leave us alone. Very simple. You want to be afraid, then be afraid, but if I have a rifle, it's because I want a rifle! End of story, there's no 'why' about it. If you think I owe you some kind of justification to exercise my right to open carry, then the rights themselves are worthless.

I am a huge 2A advocate, and believe in exercising our rights to the fullest. However, the media, government and education have convinced a large segment of the population that any gun is evil, scary, dangerous and commits violence all on its own.

If there are enough complaints from these SHEEPLE to the authorities, politicians will be forced to act, and we may see a rollback of open carry rights which is Un-Constitutional but that never stopped the politicians before. So while I may agree that we have a right to walk around in heavily populated areas like airports with an AR or AK slung on our shoulder, while legal, it may not be the prudent thing to do. That being said, I am not going to force my view on others. Feel free to do that as much as you want. I will keep mine concealed.

Living in a free country means putting up with stuff you might not like, such as a fellow carrying a loaded semiautomatic machine gun through the airport. I feel a bit sorry for the LEOs, they appeared to be responding to (illegal) complaints.

Still, one must stand up for one's rights. That said, such a situation could go south, very very easily. Anything bad happens, LEOs and other armed individuals see a guy with a machine gun and they may shoot first and ask questions later. Me, I'll just sit in the airport bar. More likely to get killed in the drive over than sitting in the bar (or anywhere else in the airport).

full-191-3509-gv500_150604.jpg

Living in a free country means putting up with stuff you might not like, such as a fellow carrying a loaded semiautomatic machine gun through the airport. I feel a bit sorry for the LEOs, they appeared to be responding to (illegal) complaints.

Still, one must stand up for one's rights. That said, such a situation could go south, very very easily. Anything bad happens, LEOs and other armed individuals see a guy with a machine gun and they may shoot first and ask questions later. Me, I'll just sit in the airport bar. More likely to get killed in the drive over than sitting in the bar (or anywhere else in the airport).

And just imagine if the LEOs did nothing because it's his right to carry and then he starts shooting up the people in line at the security checkpoint. The media, public and politicians will all be asking "Why didn't you DO something? You saw him with the gun!" Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

John

i also don't like it when people flaunt other rights, such as walking on the flag, praising Isis, or even watching Rachael Maddow.

I'm with you on flag burners, and isis lovers, but NOBODY should watch the babbling dyke on msnbc. That's not free speech, that's free idiocy.

It could absolutely happen here.

A quick chop to the throat crushes the pilot's (or co-pilot's) windpipe, followed by a blow to the carotid puts them out for good. Or a shot to the jaw/temple knocks them out. It's now a single pilot cockpit.

Also, tonight if I wanted I could walk through TSA checkpoint carrying nothing except a boarding pass, and be able to walk onto the plane with a duffel bag full of explosives or weapons. Security is a joke.

I didn't say it couldn't happen. Please reread what I wrote. I said it *may* not have happened.

All i know is flying out of Houston, either airport, when nail clippers were verboten, they'd make the outbound trip in my carry on.

On the return leg, the other airport screeners would find them.

Something tells me the smaller airports do a better job. Or have more engaged/interested employees.

Never intentionally tried to sneak anything past...

YMMV..

I wish I had time today to respond to everything, but one quick question... How am I wrong about German Wings? As I said, that may not have happened here because of our two person cockpit rule.

Not sure how you can call that completely incorrect?

Hopefully I'll find more time later to respond.

No worries. I'll make it clearer:

There was NO two pilot rule on many U.S. Flagged aircraft at the time of the German thing.

It could have just as easily happened here as there.

I've got the forwarded email from the chief pilot on one of the fleets that had to have a rule change that had a subject line that included a cuss word and "babysitters" in regards to the need for an FA to enter if anyone leaves now.

It could absolutely happen here.

A quick chop to the throat crushes the pilot's (or co-pilot's) windpipe, followed by a blow to the carotid puts them out for good. Or a shot to the jaw/temple knocks them out. It's now a single pilot cockpit.

Also, tonight if I wanted I could walk through TSA checkpoint carrying nothing except a boarding pass, and be able to walk onto the plane with a duffel bag full of explosives or weapons. Security is a joke.

That too. :)

And just imagine if the LEOs did nothing because it's his right to carry and then he starts shooting up the people in line at the security checkpoint. The media, public and politicians will all be asking "Why didn't you DO something? You saw him with the gun!" Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Not if you stop making silly promises you can't keep like, "we will protect you".

I have no problem with, "We might be able to help you protect yourself but we also might just miff it. Too bad. You went to a place full of people and statistics show there's probably at least a few of them who are dangerous, and it's always been that way."

They're only "damned" by their promises they know they can't keep, and people who are more than happy to pretend they can.

It seems our right-wingers need to compare notes before posting. :rolleyes2:

:thumbsup:

What do you say about this Timmy?

The audit, released Monday, reveals that TSA was unable to vet out 73 individuals with terror-related category codes because the agency did not have enough access to terror list information.

“According to TSA data, these individuals were employed by major airlines, airport vendors, and other employers. TSA did not identify these individuals through its vetting operations because it is not authorized to receive all terrorism-related categories under current interagency watchlisting policy,” the redacted report reads.

“TSA acknowledged that these individuals were cleared for access to secure airport areas despite representing a potential transportation security threat,” it added.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-73-aviation-workers-with-links-to-terrorism/

I bet while they were ignoring actual threats, the TSA did manage to steal a lot of personal property, and save nude-o-meter pics of people all that time.

No worries. I'll make it clearer:

There was NO two pilot rule on many U.S. Flagged aircraft at the time of the German thing.

It could have just as easily happened here as there.
I had no idea that was the case. I thought it was a 121 rule since shortly after 9/11.

Back