TSA agent avoids screening

Some pigs are more equal.......

At least this one did not get away with it. But it is common practice, I have seen it first hand. Maybe I'll start reporting it to the police as I knew the TSA would not do anything. Maybe the real police are getting a little tired of the tin plate police aka TSA.

And held up the law-abiding citizens who went through the idiotic screening process for over an hour and a half.:mad3:

I say stone her. Make an example of her. Then throw the current TSA chief in the firing line too.

And held up the law-abiding citizens who went through the idiotic screening process for over an hour and a half.:mad3:

I say stone her. Make an example of her. Then throw the current TSA chief in the firing line too.
I think you are jumping to the end too soon. After her, we stone the TSA people that gave her the pass to go through, then their supervisors, then the person that hired her, and then the current TSA chief.

Or give them a choice of quitting and disbanding the agency.

I think you are jumping to the end too soon. After her, we stone the TSA people that gave her the pass to go through, then their supervisors, then the person that hired her, and then the current TSA chief.

Well, let's note that they were TRAFFIC-related warrants!

Doesn't matter. It perpetuates the perception that the agency is above the law.

If she's going to "enforce the law" (and the current TSA mindset is that they're in the law-enforcement business, even if they're not), then she shouldn't be breaking the law herself.

I and many others here have always asserted that its not the passengers we have to worry about to cause mayhem on a plane. Its the ramp workers, custodians, catering people, TSA etc that pose the risk. As they are low wager earners I am sure some can be bought to place items on a plane or do something to benefit a terrorist. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet or maybe it has and its been kept a secret.

I am tired of measures that make it look like something is being done that inconvenience all of us while there are better measures that we'd never see.

I and many others here have always asserted that its not the passengers we have to worry about to cause mayhem on a plane. Its the ramp workers, custodians, catering people, TSA etc that pose the risk. As they are low wager earners I am sure some can be bought to place items on a plane or do something to benefit a terrorist. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet or maybe it has and its been kept a secret.

I am tired of measures that make it look like something is being done that inconvenience all of us while there are better measures that we'd never see.

+1. It's all show The problem is that the sheeple still think it's "making them safe". If there's been one major failing of the government, it's that they have created the perception that they can (through laws, hardline "no tolerance" policies, inconvenience, etc) make us "safe". All it's done is to erode rights, freedoms, and privileges without making us safer. The TSA is a prime example.

A terrorist determined to down a plane will simply buy or build a missle. A terrorist determined to take out a rail line will simply blow up a bridge. A terrorist intent on harming a lot of people will drive a car bomb into a crowded shopping center during the holiday shoppince season.

By creating 20-30 minute lines at the so-called security checkpoints, the TSA has set up a scenario where someone wearing a strap-on can blow while in line, taking out hundreds of folks at a crowded airport.

Doesn't matter. It perpetuates the perception that the agency is above the law.

If she's going to "enforce the law" (and the current TSA mindset is that they're in the law-enforcement business, even if they're not), then she shouldn't be breaking the law herself.

So TRAFFIC related is okay. Do you just blow off traffic tickets ona rgular basis? Just curious.
Not that it's okay to have warrants, but I think it's only fair to give some indication of the severity if that information is available, as it was in this case. I know that it a news organization withheld the fact that they were "traffic" warrants in any sort of a story, I'd be awfully suspicious of their motivations. And yes, the fact that it was traffic warrants, as opposed to violent crime or some sort of theft, or something else does make a difference in my mind.

And yes, the fact that it was traffic warrants, as opposed to violent crime or some sort of theft, or something else does make a difference in my mind.
Not when you are in a position to enforce laws in my mind. TSA like real police, have to be without an doubt, held to a higher standard than the regular citizen. They have been given a tremendous amount of responsibility and each day they must earn it. So far the TSA has failed miserably and this is yet another example of their incomptence and coruptness.

Not when you are in a position to enforce laws in my mind. TSA like real police, have to be without an doubt, held to a higher standard than the regular citizen. They have been given a tremendous amount of responsibility and each day they must earn it. So far the TSA has failed miserably and this is yet another example of their incomptence and coruptness.
Yes, the TSA should be held to a higher standard. (Heck, who are we kidding. I'd be happy if they were held to any standard!) But it's not a digital world out their, and we need to have information to make judgements with, and that includes the severity of ones transgressions. If the fact that it was a traffic warrant has no bearing on your perception of the case, than you can just ignore that detail if it's offered. The obverse is not true.

Yes, the TSA should be held to a higher standard. (Heck, who are we kidding. I'd be happy if they were held to any standard!) But it's not a digital world out their, and we need to have information to make judgements with, and that includes the severity of ones transgressions. If the fact that it was a traffic warrant has no bearing on your perception of the case, than you can just ignore that detail if it's offered. The obverse is not true.
I think the traffic warrent is very germane to this case. It goes to show a pattern of disregarding rules, laws. and regualations. It matters not if it was for murder or going too fast in a 35mph zone. In this case it is an indication that the person has no respect for the law and ergo probably will take short cuts in their position as a TSA employee. The evidence suggests that there is a causality of those actions to their actions to bypass security protocols.

Shows how effective the employee screening process is too.

I think the traffic warrent is very germane to this case. It goes to show a pattern of disregarding rules, laws. and regualations. It matters not if it was for murder or going too fast in a 35mph zone. In this case it is an indication that the person has no respect for the law and ergo probably will take short cuts in their position as a TSA employee. The evidence suggests that there is a causality of those actions to their actions to bypass security protocols.

I have to agree with Scott on this one. Doesn't matter the severity, but the fact it is there...warrant regardless of the transgression...disregard for laws, etc.

The warrant wasnt for speeding. The warrant was for not taking care of the speeding or traffic issue - failure to appear, etc..

We all make mistakes.. drive a lil fast.. make bad decisions. A citation going to warrant takes it to the next level.

+1. It's all show The problem is that the sheeple still think it's "making them safe". If there's been one major failing of the government, it's that they have created the perception that they can (through laws, hardline "no tolerance" policies, inconvenience, etc) make us "safe". All it's done is to erode rights, freedoms, and privileges without making us safer. The TSA is a prime example.

<- snip ->

Fear has always been the most potent tool of despots throughout the history of humankind.

Traffic warrants. Generally not enforceable outside of the state in which they're issued, oftentimes not even the county in which they're issued. Sometimes do, oftentimes don't, show up on a criminal background check. Usually won't show up on an out-of-jurisdiction computer screen in the cruiser.

The same is true, although not as uniformly, for misdemeanor warrants.

Notice how one TSA person (or claiming to be) gave a long winded defense for an indefensible agency? They're trying to get management to weed out the bad characters. Well, good luck. By now they've got career status under the Civil Service regulations. Unless the rules have changed since I worked for Uncle Sugar in the late 1970s, they're untouchable unless they violate a law or are riffed out of their position. Best of luck to you. RIFF works for me, RIFF the whole agency.

Hey this one's breathing, he/she is hired :frown3:

You know .. I just haven't had a single issue with a TSA screener being
anything other than courteous, friendly and professional. Ever. I go back and forth quite a bit between Omaha and Miami, so I guess it could be different
other places. I couldn't stand the McD's rejects and fat, arrogant
minority women doing it before.

Do I think we need some kind of screening? Yes. Do I think a lot of the
stuff they do now is useless? Yes. I think we need to profile and be
smarter about how we do it.

But on an individual basis, my experience is we're light years ahead
of before.

RT

Then get ready for a lifetime of disappointment. You want your Law Enforcement to be held to a "higher standard" but then people ***** and moan when THEY get a speeding ticket? Sorry...but just as no one is "above the law" there should not be two standards of the law, one tougher than the other because of what you do.

BTW, this lady should be held to the same punishment any other passenger would for doing this, no more, no less.

You know .. I just haven't had a single issue with a TSA screener being
anything other than courteous, friendly and professional.

Try BWI. Or EWR. Or some of the stations at DCA and IAD. Or CVG, LEX, DFW, or SDF. At BOS, the problem is more Massport than TSA, but neither is good. LAX can be a mixed bag, same with SAT and ORD.

Smaller stations tend to be a bit better, but I've run across none that I consider to be "courteous and friendly".

The TSA screeners have come a long ways... There will always be a few 'poster boys'...

The comments about the first batch are right on... I know 3 who became TSA screeners... All were medicaid mommas... Two have moved on and I lost track... One is still around... She quit the TSA because of, "mumble, mumble, mumble" and went back on medicaid... The she then went on to become a prison guard... That lasted maybe 18-20 months - always seemed to be off sick... She used the settlement money from that and medicaid to get her associate degree from junior college... She is now a county social services worker who monitors juveniles with criminal records are on parole... This job seems to be more lasting... She gets to drive a county car around all day, no supervision, sets her own hours, etc...

denny-o

These posts miss the point. No matter how professional or thoughtful the TSA stormtroopers are, they are still utterly superfluous and unnecessary, a complete waste of our resources.

These posts miss the point. No matter how professional or thoughtful the TSA stormtroopers are, they are still utterly superfluous and unnecessary, a complete waste of our resources.
Naaa. You miss the point. You see, in the Soviet Union, they used Marx's philosophy: from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

That way, everyone had a job. Some people's jobs were sitting at a desk by the door of a building. They were not there to be receptionists or answer questions, they were there because it was a job, and because they had a job, they could get food to eat.

It's just one of the steps down a road we don't want to go.

Back