Trutrak

FlyBoyAndy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyBoyAndy
I bought a plane a few years ago that has a Trutrak autopilot in it. The owner was upfront and told me that he has experienced the autopilot altitude hold at times going up and down on its own about 100 feet each way. We did experience it on our ride home, and the person I was with is a mechanic, so I thought I'd address it at some point. I was out a few days ago and experienced it again (and have other times). I will address this with my mechanic, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has experienced this.

I love the AP, it's easy to use and works well other than this quirk.

Thanks

All I can say is that ours works well in the 182.

With many autopilots it seems cable tensions can cause things such as this.

:yeahthat:

Sometimes wear in a rod end (if those are used) or a mounting bracket that is not secure can cause this. Any slop in the system can cause it to start hunting.

Along these same lines, has anyone recently sent a Trutrak back for a software upgrade? I sent mine to Mid-Continent about a month ago and they finally said this week they are having trouble getting the software from Honeywell.... Curious if anyone has had any luck?

Getting my TruTrak installed this week. Along with an Aspen. It is not a big deal compared to other installs but it is a solid improvement over what is there currently. Good to know about slop in the cable issue.

Back